PDA

View Full Version : JR Speaks On Nick Hogan, Trump/MMA, Flair Being Pulled & More

JohnCenaFan28
06-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Everyone’s favorite WWE Raw announcer Jim Ross is back with his latest JRSBARBQ.com blog thoughts. His superstar of the week is Lance Cade and here are some highlights from the entry:

- On Nick Hogan getting a new cell:
“There will likely be interesting times ahead for young Nick (Hogan) Bollea as he has been moved from protective, solitary confinement to a cell with three other juveniles who are most certain to all be future TMZ “quotes” and perhaps even potential authors. One could make the assumption that if the recorded phone calls between Nick and his folks had not made such a splash on the national gossip scene that Nick would have likely been provided an early released from his 8 month jail term but that would seem to be highly unlikely under the current media scrutiny.”

- On Donald Trump investing in MMA:
“With Donald Trump now getting into the MMA game, one has to wonder that while in Dallas for “Night of Champions” will Dallas Maverick owner Mark Cuban make a run at getting Vince McMahon involved in Cuban’s MMA venture? Or, will The Donald himself attempt to enlist the Chairman of the WWE to “consult”? My feeling is that McMahon will remain focused on the WWE and hold off any MMA involvement at this time even though the Chairman is a fan of the genre as I understand it.”

- On Flair Being pulled from the 2008 NWA Hall Of Fame:
“From what I have read, the NWA group in Atlanta did not clear it with the WWE getting WWE contracted talent Ric Flair to attend the NWA Hall of Fame function this weekend in Atlanta before making the announcement to the public. If that is true, then obviously that is a major promotional blunder. Jerry Lawler, who wrestles at many indy events, told me the other day while we were in California for RAW that he hears from fans frequently that the King is falsely promoted quite often at indy events.”

Of course you can check out the full blog at JRSBARBQ.com and leave you questions for Ross’ Q&A.

Despite his age Jim Ross is probably the most down with the kids out of the whole WWE hierarchy, often reacting to internet hype and regularly giving his thoughts on contemporary matters such as MMA and Nick Hogan. If he’s ever replaced by a non “wrestling” guy, who has no idea who Lou Thesz is - please pray they are at least ten times better than Mike Adamle.

Source: Wrestling Truth

LionDen
06-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Love JRs blog. Those roomies of Nicks will probably be remembering or writing down everything he says lol. Also, I could see McMahon getting into the MMA world, I do not see why he shouldn't.