PDA

View Full Version : News And Notes From Raw, How Much Does Time Shifting Mean, New Celebrity In Wwe

Black Widow
06-11-2008, 08:12 PM
In the article that Mike posted earlier today about the $51,998 winner from Monday's Raw, it stated that the winner was called by WWE officials just after Raw started and told to stand by in case Vince McMahon called him later in the night. Of course, Vince called around 10:30. That tells you two things. One, they pre-screened the callers to make sure the winners would be there and watching the show. Two, it makes Vince look even worse for not being able to dial numbers that had already been called. Again, why couldn't they have been pre-programmed into the phone for him?

Since some people have asked, yes management knew how badly the Vince segments bombed on Monday and they are going to try and "make them more fun" this week. Good luck with that.

Also, the word I am getting is that they were very surprised that the rating actually went down this week. I somewhat agree. I didn't expect a big bump but I figured it would at least stay even or go up a tenth or two.

WWE.com has added Jim Ross, Maria and Freddie Prinze Jr. (as a celebrity) to the list of bloggers at their Fan Nation site.

After being out of the top spot for five weeks, USA was back at the top of the ad-supported prime time cable viewership list for the week ending on June 8.

WWE will probably get better news when they time shifted ratings come out for the show in a few weeks. The 5/19 edition of Raw did a 3.2 cable rating but it was also the top two time shifted hours on cable for the week. Hour one was shifted by 7.8% while hour two was shifted by 6.6%. That brought the rating for the show up to a 3.4 when those numbers were added in. So it was good for 0.2 of a point. It's a factor in the Raw rating but not a huge one.

Thanks to Mike Informer and Sideshow Shan for their help with this report.

PWInsider.com