PDA

View Full Version : Wwe Notes & News

Black Widow
06-13-2008, 11:22 PM
The WWE house show in Rockford, Illinois on August 15th will be a tri-branded Supershow. It was originally advertised as a Raw event. Thanks to Devin for his help.

Jason sent the following....I just figured I would pass along a multiple wrestler sighting. Yesterday I was at the Mets vs. Diamondbacks game and who is sitting directly behind me? None other then Tommy Dreamer, Beulah McGillicutty and their two girls. I chatted with him briefly, but only discussed baseball. I didn't really feel like bothering the both of them about wrestling while they were out trying to catch a game with the family. Felt it would have been rude. They were both really nice and were a total cute family. Tommy sat there attempting to explain the game to his two girls, and had them do all the Mets cheers. I also heard him say to the girls that "Now you have been to a Yankees game, a Mets game, Disney World twice, and two Wrestlemanias." He also kept pointing out Mr. Met to his girls to keep them occupied and interested. They ended up leaving the game around the 7th inning because it was extremely hot and it looked like it was over. The Mets were winning 4-0 when he left, but they lost 5-4 in the 10th inning.

Former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler is planning on auctioning off her old wrestling merchandise. For more information look below:

Stacy Keibler memorabilia update

A few months ago, Stacy Keibler announced on this blog that she was going to make some memorabilia from her personal collection available on eBay. The actress and former WWE diva has given me the following update:

Once I started cleaning out my closet, I was amazed at what I had
accumulated. It has been overwhelming and very time consuming to find
photos, trading cards and DVDs and to show the authenticity to my patient,
loyal fans. Sorry that it took longer then I expected. But finally,
I am happy to tell you that there are four listings currently on eBay.

Understanding that everyone favors different collectables, I will try
to keep a variety of items rotating on the auction. At this time,
there's a dress, swimsuit, and “ring-worn" shorts and boots. Fans
should look for the subtitle “exclusively from me, Stacy Keibler” to
confirm the memorabilia is actually from me. And I have signed every
COA. As I said before, a portion of the sales will be donated to
charity. I intend to spread it around and give to several needy
organizations. Hope my fans will have fun and ENJOY!!!

baltimoresun.com

Kofi Kingston's latest blog from the WWE Down Under tour look below:

From Jamaica to the Land Down Under

We spent our last night in New Zealand yesterday and it ended on a high note for me. Not because the show in Christchurch was even better than the night before, and not because I got to have a fan accompany me to the ring as a guest manager.

For me, the New Zealand portion of our trip ended on a high note because the caterers provided us with carrot cake! And not just any carrot cake; this was probably the second best carrot cake that I have ever had. The best being a recipe one of my mumma’s friends used to bake for us growing up. Ever since, I have always been a carrot cake connoisseur. Oh, snap! That carrot cake was so good that I helped myself to 5 slices! The Miz actually expressed some disgust in my temporary gluttony. Tell me why the boy was gorging himself on the same carrot cake just moments later! Because a great slice of carrot cake is so rare.

But that was New Zealand. We are now in Melbourne, Australia. Down Under! Do you know how much Crocodile Dundee I used to watch? The man who knocked out a purse-snatcher by throwing a can of food at his head from like 50 feet away?! The man who darn near robbed the crooks that tried to rob him?! I know it was a movie, but Dundee was a true, Original Badman!

Now, I know we don’t usually have a lot of time to do a lot of sightseeing when we are on these tours, but being in Australia, I fully expect a few things:

1) I expect to see a koala. I think that they are only in the wild, but I have been keeping my eyes peeled, looking out the window into the trees to try and see one.

2) I expect to see a kangaroo. I mean, how sad would it be to come all the way to Australia and not see a Kangaroo? If I could see a boxing kangaroo, it would be tremendous, but that might be asking for a little much. I will settle for just a straight-up kangaroo.

3) I expect to leave Australia with a boomerang. Yes, I need a boomerang as a souvenir. Just like Crocodile Dundee. A crocodile tooth necklace would also be a bonus.

I don’t have proper time to look for these items today, plus, it is a little rainy, anyway. But mark my words; finding these three items will be my mission for the remainder of the tour. Believe it!

P.S. Happy Birthday to Poppa Kingston!

WWE.com

PWInsider.com, WWE.com, Baltimore Sun.com

JohnCenaFan28
06-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the read.

LionDen
06-14-2008, 02:14 AM
lol looking for a koala in any tree, that is funny. Better watch out for the killer koalas also, they jump out of the trees and rip your ears off when you don't expect it.