PDA

View Full Version : Hardy was down, but he's not out

Black Widow
06-21-2008, 06:05 PM
March was not one of the better months in Jeff Hardy's life. He lost his house, his dog and nearly his job.

After being told he would serve a 60-day suspension for his second violation of WWE's Wellness policy, Hardy got a call from his brother Matt on March 14, telling him that his North Carolina home was ablaze. It burned to the ground, taking the life of Jeff's Jack Russell terrier, Jack.

"I made two mistakes, the last one really bad," says Hardy. "I lost my championship, my house, my dog and a chance to be in Wrestlemania. And it all kind of happened in the same week.

"Part of me was: 'Oh God, I don't want to be seen again. But I knew I had to come back and live for everything I'd lost.

"But I'm back with a new outlook. Fortunately, I had Matt. I had nowhere to go and he was there for me. We've moved on. We're rebuilding in the same area ... it's a seven- or eight-month process."

Hardy has returned with a bang. And with the fans cheering in support, it's as if he never left.

"Everything's been going great," he says. "I'm really proud of what's gone on the past couple of weeks ... facing Triple H and John Cena. I proved that I can be in the main event."

Along his path to the top, Hardy's had to tone down his game.

"Being 30, I don't jump around as much as I used to," he says. "I know what I can and can't do. I go back to when I was watching wrestling as a kid. Macho Man, Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior could have great matches by telling a story in the ring. They didn't have to do backflips."

And when WWE holds its draft on a three-hour RAW on Monday, Hardy is prepared for whatever happens.

"I'd like to stay on RAW, but if I get drafted, I have to move and do my job. It's always last-minute.

"We don't even know that we'll be moving until your name is called."

AROUND THE RING

Ring of Honor has added a Nov. 7 stop in Montreal, to go with its July 25 date in Toronto.

winnipegsun.com