PDA

View Full Version : Rey: I lost too much as champ

Black Widow
06-30-2008, 12:37 AM
REY MYSTERIO has spoken for the first time about the disappointment of his WWE championship reign.

The masked fan favourite won the belt at WrestleMania 22 in April 2006 and held it until the Great American Bash in July of that year.

But during that time he was beaten by in non-title bouts by numerous foes including Great Khali, Mark Henry and Rob Van Dam

In our latest Sun and Virgin Radio WrestleCast, Rey confessed: “Now I go back and reflect on it, when I don’t have the title, I think that things could have been handled a different way.

“Unfortunately I was the champion that lost more times holding the title.

“If that opportunity comes again I know what to aim at and try to perfect, that I didn’t do throughout those three months, and make it better.

“There is more to Rey Mysterio. I think I can give a lot more. I need to hold onto that opportunity and not let it go.”

You can hear our FREE full half hour WrestleCast with Rey – which covers his time in ECW and WCW, his recent injury woes and thoughts on the elimination of the WWE cruiserweight division – by choosing one of the links below:

If you subscribe through iTunes you’ll also get ALL our previous interviews with the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, John Cena, Batista and Mick Foley:

Click here to play the interview on your computer (http://del.interoute.com/?id=1fbd6367-07fb-4c0f-9e45-85672cab36d8&delivery=stream)

Rey Mysterio appears on WWE Raw on Sky Sports and was promoting the WWE Night Of Champions PPV event on Sky Box Office.

The Sun

JohnCenaFan28
06-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the read.