PDA

View Full Version : Couple row over condom mix-up

OMEN
07-22-2008, 11:01 AM
A couple are accusing Tesco of almost wrecking their relationship after it mistakenly included condoms in their online shopping list.

Lynn Newby was set to break up with her boyfriend after discovering that one of his 'Favourites' was a packet of 12 condoms.

Miss Newby, 40, accused boyfriend Andy Allott, 29, of buying them and having an affair behind her back, reports the Daily Telegraph.

She even threatened to cancel a holiday to Mexico because she refused to accept that he was innocent.

"I couldn't believe what I saw when I logged onto my Tesco account," said the building manager from Rotherham.

"It gives a list of everything bought on a club card and there at the top of the list was a packet of Mates condoms.

"I knew I hadn't bought them so I went in and accused Andy, who had not idea what I was talking about."

When Tesco investigated the matter Miss Newby was sent a letter of apology from Chief Executive Sir Terry Leahy - and a cheque for £100.

Sir Terry told Lynn he could appreciate how distressing it had been for her and an investigation had revealed that the problem was caused by a new member of staff in the marketing department.

Miss Newby said: "Things are fine now and we can laugh about it but I just wonder how many other people had to deal with this mistake which could have cost me my four year long relationship."

Nova

JohnCenaFan28
07-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Interesting read, thanks.

Jodes
07-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Hmmm dunno what to say to this story besides atleast if it was him he was having safe sex :shifty: