PDA

View Full Version : Hugging Lion Becomes Internet Hit

Black Widow
07-28-2008, 10:54 PM
A home-video capturing the moment when a lion was reunited with his childhood owners has become an internet sensation.

The clip has already been watched by more than six million viewers on You Tube and other sites.

It involves a lion who was bought for 250 guineas from an exotic animals department in Harrods in 1969 and called 'Christian'.

Australians John Rendall and Anthony Bourke took home their furry bundle and raised him as a pet in their Chelsea flat.

The urban lion became a popular local figure in their London antiques shop, until he went from a manageable 35 pounds to 185 pounds, a year later.

Christian was moved to the Kenyan wildlife sanctuary featured in the movie Born Free, and after a year living in the wild, was found by his former owners with a pride of his own.

The 38-year-old video captures the emotional moment which shows the lion stalking towards the two men, until they call out his name.

The fully-grown big cat then leaps upon them - the trio collapsing together as Christian hugs and licks them with familiar affection.

The reunion lasted until the next morning when Christian returned to his pride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr1pWzoLvT8

sky news

flamesoffury
07-29-2008, 02:23 PM
This just proves that you can have a lion as a pet. I want one :(

Jodes
07-29-2008, 05:07 PM
awww thats so sweet.

JohnCenaFan28
07-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Was that LionDen?:shifty: Thanks for posting, that was cool.

Kellie
07-30-2008, 04:38 AM
I love cute and cuddly Lions :shifty:

Black Widow
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
I love cute and cuddly Lions :shifty:

dresses up as a cute and cuddly lion :shifty: