PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Ric Flair Parts Ways With WWE

Kellie
08-04-2008, 03:00 AM
F4WOnline.com reports that the legendary Ric Flair has parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment.

According to the brief story, representatives of The Nature Boy contacted independent promotions with the information that Flair will be available for bookings due to a departure from WWE.

Inside details on the situation are scarce, but early reports indicate that the severance is being portrayed as amicable. Flair's WWE contract had apparently been preventing him from accepting offers of interest, so the two sides agreed to end their relationship.

Source - WZ

Greg
08-04-2008, 04:20 AM
wow.

davidnappy
08-04-2008, 05:06 AM
you misspelled his name

killanate
08-04-2008, 05:08 AM
*about to go to TNA*

STEELCITYFAN
08-04-2008, 05:21 AM
I'm kinda happy to hear this but also sad at the same time.

TheUSB
08-04-2008, 07:01 AM
I highly doubt he will come out of retirement. For the greatest wrestler ever, it's fitting that his final match at WrestleMania shall historically be recognized as the FINAL Ric Flair match, and coming out for a match on some other terms would only tarnish the career of the Nature Boy.

I think TNA is out of the picture and he merely wants to participate around the nation in a non-wrestling role.

JohnCenaFan28
08-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Well at least now he'll be able to do his independent bookings for signings and appearances.

Black Widow
08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
atleast hes not gonna get pulled from events like the others

Black Widow
08-04-2008, 03:15 PM
WWE loses its Flair as Ric quits

RIC FLAIR has sensationally quit the WWE.

Although he officially retired from the ring at WrestleMania 24, Flair had been kept on as an ambassador for the company and made non-wrestling appearances on Raw.

But the man the WWE crowned 'the greatest of all time' negotiated his full release from the company over the last few weeks.

Word of Flair's new found freedom broke on Sunday when his agents at The Gillespie Agency started calling wrestling and convention promoters throughout the United States to put together appearance deals for Flair.

They send an email saying: “Ric Flair is no longer under contract with WWE.

“It was a friendly parting which will allow Ric to pursue things that were rejected by WWE in the past.

“And it will mean a more streamlined process than ever before. Just you guys and me and Ric. Let’s pull something together and make some money!”

It seems that despite the WWE heavily promoting his new DVD and treating him as a legend, Flair felt he could make more money outside of the company.

Vince McMahon had prevented Flair from appearing at several functions, shows and conventions over the past few months.

McMahon insisted Flair did not appear in a wrestling ring for anyone else as it would lower his value for a potential big-time match as a special referee or guest manager for the WWE in the future.

After the news broke, Flair himself released a statement through the Gillespie Agency saying: “WWE and I parted on the best of terms.

“This gives me the chance to pursue new opportunities — corporate speaking engagements, product sponsorships, autograph shows for my loyal fans and film and television roles.

“My agent and I are very excited about what the future holds!”

WWE broke its silence early yesterday evening when it posted on its official website a simple two-sentence notice.

The statement said: "WWE and Hall of Famer Ric Flair have mutually agreed to contractually part ways.

“After an extraordinary career Ric has chosen to pursue opportunities outside of WWE.”

the sun.co.uk

mikedudelang
08-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow, big news for sure. Makes sense for Ric, though. Now he has the freedom to do whatever he wants and still keep a great relationaship with the WWE.

redmustangpony
08-07-2008, 10:32 PM
He deserves to do whatever he wants.He is the man,whooo!