PDA

View Full Version : Foley: I'll be gone in a month

Black Widow
08-10-2008, 11:39 AM
SMACKDOWN commentator Mick Foley has admitted he is “likely” to leave the WWE when his contract expires at the end of this month.

Talking to an American newspaper about rumours he was unhappy with his new role, the hardcore legend admitted: “I can't say much until my contract expires, which is September 1.

“But at this point, there is a good chance, through mutual agreement, that I will not be renewing the contract.

“Creatively, the announcing job wasn't working out too well.”

The news will shock wrestling fans around the world and be a blow to the WWE, who have constantly chopped and changed their commentary teams throughout the year looking for the perfect line-up.

Tazz is the most likely to become Jim Ross’s latest partner – moving back to the Smackdown colour chair he vacated when WWE brought back ECW.

Matt Striker is favourite to get the ECW announce job, as he did this week, with Mike Adamle staying as Raw general manager.

Joey Styles is still on the WWE’s books, but there are no current plans to move him from his job on the company’s website..

According to several sources at a recent comic convention, Mick was moaning loudly that he didn’t like Vince McMahon’s treatment of his commentators and that the job wasn’t fun.

The Sun

JohnCenaFan28
08-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the read.