PDA

View Full Version : Top Star Pulled from Tonight's Hell in a Cell Match

Black Widow
08-17-2008, 10:14 PM
- Mick Foley was originally scheduled to play a part in tonight's Hell in a Cell match between The Undertaker and Edge as a part of the 10th anniversary of the match. Foley was told during this past week that there was a change in creative plans and that he was not needed for the SummerSlam pay-per-view.

Foley's "injuries" he suffered at the hands of Edge on SmackDown a few weeks back now constitute him being written off as a character. This adds more speculation to the rumors that Foley may be done with the company here soon.

wrestlezone.com

Kage
08-18-2008, 12:34 AM
I thought this would be about Edge/Taker, thank goodness it's not.

mikedudelang
08-18-2008, 05:49 AM
When Kane didn't pull the Mankind mask out of the bag, my interest in Mick Foley coming back to the WWE went to nothing. He's a legend and has entertained me countless times...but with the exception of J.R., there isn't an announcer going that I'd miss hearing. And unless Mick were to drop some weight and get back in the ring, he doesn't seem to be a big help to the WWE, at least not on the surface. Now, if they wanted him behind the scenes helping put together stoylines, I'd be alllll for that.

selvmord
08-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Foley as a bookerman though? I dunno...

mikedudelang
08-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Not sure you realize how many quality angles he helped craft during the Attitude era. He was also instrumental in getting Edge over as a big-time heel a few years back. The guy knows wrestling psychology like few others and tells a great story, both on the mic and in the ring. I think these skills (along with his very creative mind) would make him great behind the scenes.

debanjan13
08-19-2008, 04:29 PM
well..i hope this match marked the end of the Edge/Taker feud...and i also see Edge taking some time off...