PDA

View Full Version : Why Edge Is Really Taking Time Off!

John
08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
-- The Sun has an article on John Cena's neck injury. The article also notes that a few WWE main eventer are hurting pretty bad too. One WWE insider told The Sun that Edge desperately needed to take a few weeks off because he's so banged up. "This is why Edge is taking a few weeks off. He desperately needs to," the source explained. "His performances on the mic and limited actions kept him OK through the Hell in a Cell Match with Undertaker, but Edge is a man in a lot of constant pain, he just doesn't want to give up his top spot right now." Also, Undertaker apparently came back early for his showdown with Edge at SummerSlam. "Undertaker himself came back a little early," the source said. "His knee is still very sore, and he has to be very careful with it because he's not a youngster anymore and he could suffer an injury that could put him on the shelf for a very long time." The wear and tear of WWE’s grueling schedule is taking its toll on a number of other WWE stars as well. "It's a beat up crew right now, it's not just the injury bug. The wears and tears of WWE schedule are catching up with everyone."

-- The Sun has an interview with ECW star Finlay on his wrestling career and how he initially broke into the business in the first place. Finlay gets a part of his past history wrong when talking about how he went through a table (in a match with Brian Knobbs) and suffered a badly lacerated nerve in his leg, which nearly ended his career. He said it happened in 1998 but it actually happened in 1999. "I've only really had one injury, back in ’98 when I went through a table and severed my leg - I almost lost my leg," Finlay said. "I was out for almost five years, so when I wasn't doing that I was training guys and girls for WWE."

-- In WWE.com's latest Superstar to Superstar interview, Triple H interviews his friend, Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead.
-------------------------------------
Source-Rajah.com