PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Character change?

flamesoffury
09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Creative team is discussing the possibility of altering John Cena's character when he returns from his neck injury. WWE would like him to have a stronger connection with the audience, similar to The Rock and Steve Austin. One idea is to have him turn heel, but officials are worried about the effect of merchandise sales it would have.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Best thing they've talked bout in a long long time. Cena needs to turn heel. His character is dull and he'll still sell merchandise.

Swinny
09-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes, I've been saying this forever. He needs to turn heel. He needs to. He's just become so damn boring as of late, and he's saying the same thing over and over again. At one time you could at least expect an entertaining promo from him, but not anymore. Turning him heel would definitely be the best idea.

Kage
09-12-2008, 11:16 PM
I really hope this happens.

Bad Boy
09-13-2008, 10:27 AM
turn him heel, that will make the people like him better, and won't affect merchandise that much...

scorpionf
09-13-2008, 11:47 AM
I have been saying forever that Cena needs to turn heel... And soon! He is so boring at the moment. And him being a heel surely is not going to affect merchandise sales as badly as the WWE seems to think it will!

mikedudelang
09-13-2008, 03:17 PM
He's so over, I don't know how they'd turn him heel. If he attacks Batista, Batista will become the heel by default. He he jumps HHH, same thing. Shawn Michaels may be the only guy who can get Cena over as a heel now. I mean, he's become such a superface...

flamesoffury
09-13-2008, 03:57 PM
turn him heel, that will make the people like him better, and won't affect merchandise that much...

Even if turning Cena heel does affect merchandising sales, who cares? TV rating is much more important than merchandising sales. They make a lot of money already. What they need to fix is their ratings. Otherwise they won't have a station to air on.

Kenpachi Zaraki
09-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Cena must turn he's been face for an eternity...............of course if they turn Batista it may not happen...............but it must be remembered that Austin n Rock were heel too at one point of time and that only helped WWE

debanjan13
09-14-2008, 08:39 AM
and finally WWE reads what ive had in my head ever since he was out injured...heel turn thats exactly what i want!

Punisher
09-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Its so easy to turn heel all he has to do is go out and say I am not champion becasue of all of you blah blah blah its so easy HHH has done it thousands of times and team 3D on TNA did the same thing. And seriously it wont affect merchandise sales look at Edge for example he has some of the highest sales in the company and HHH when he was heel sold so many things

LionDen
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I would love to see Cena turn heel, go for a Stone Cold kinda feeling. It never hurt Stone Colds merchandise, not that i ever heard of anyway.

flamesoffury
09-15-2008, 03:42 PM
If Cena doesn't turn heel, then Vince is just an idiot. He could have so many feuds with Cena as heel. Plus cena's character could go back to the rapping guy.. which imo was a decent character.

BXtremeJ
09-15-2008, 08:22 PM
cena is beggin 4 a heel turn he needs it real bad