PDA

View Full Version : ECW Taping Notes: Heyman Disappointed, Chaos Backstage, Mistakes, more

Ethan Hunt
06-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Last night’s debut edition of ECW TV on the Sci Fi Network was written by Paul Heyman, but tweaked by WWE creative. If you thought that Heyman would have complete creative control of the brand, think again. Last night’s show was a Vince McMahon production and Heyman wrote the show to his expectations and visions.

People backstage are saying that Paul Heyman knew last night that the show was a wreck. Everyone within the ECW locker room felt the same way, everyone knew what a disappointment that the show was and considered it a complete failure.

The reason they aired the Tazz vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler match from One Night Stand in its entirety is because they actually ran short and had to put it in to fill time. Cues were also missed during the battle royal, forcing the production team to fix mistakes they had before the taping aired tape delay.

WWE brought Steven DeAngelis in to do the ring announcing, however, when he arrived at the show they sent him home. As you saw last night, WWE chose to go with Justin Roberts instead. Although judging from last night’s show, DeAngelis was probably glad to not be a part of the garbage they tried to pass off as ECW.

Straight Edge
06-14-2006, 11:13 PM
I read this earlier, I had high hopes for ECW last night, but last nights show was utterly shit. Vince McMahon needs to give Paul Heyman ALL Creative Control over the new ECW, without Heyman having to show some members of the WWE Creative team, and having them edit the scripts, because if not, ECW won't last that long and it will be an utter shame.

The Lost Soul 13
06-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Anyone who had any hope for ECW just had to watch One Night Stand 2 and their hopes were abolished. It is the first PPV I can remember where I can say without hesitation that it was completely negative.

wcw1993
06-18-2006, 02:33 AM
ONS2 didn't live up to the original but was decent as far as "WWE" PPVs go. I feel bad for Heyman, the fact that he probably had to watch his plan for the show be torn apart and made into the crap we had to watch makes me feel sick. I had high hopes for ECW, but after that, forgettaboutit!