PDA

View Full Version : Six-month drive ban for Lost star

JohnCenaFan28
09-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Actor Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin-Soo Kwon in TV's Lost, has been banned from the roads for six months after being convicted of drink-driving in the US.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45014000/jpg/_45014413_daniel_ap226b.jpg

The 40-year-old did not challenge the charges he faced after his arrest in Honolulu, where he was spotted driving erratically last October.

His blood-alcohol content was twice the legal limit for the state of Hawaii.

Kim must pay $712 (£398) in fines and fees, and was also ordered to complete 72 hours of community service.

District Judge William Cardwell said the amount Kim had drunk would have left him "seriously impaired".

"It just cannot happen again. It's simply too dangerous," he warned the star.

'Deeply ashamed'

Outside the court, Kim told the Associated Press he was "just grateful and relieved that this matter has been resolved".

"It's been a pretty difficult time for my family and me, but I'm glad I had a chance to take responsibility for my mistake."

Shortly after his arrest, he said he was "deeply ashamed and embarrassed" by his behaviour.

Two other actors from the drama series, where the characters are seemingly stranded on a desert island following a plane crash, have been caught drink-driving in Hawaii.

Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros both pleaded guilty to the offence in 2005, in the state where the show is filmed.

BBC News