PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Comments On Last Night's Tapings, More

JohnCenaFan28
10-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Jim Ross has a new blog entry now online on his official website. Below are the highlights:

- Friday Night Smackdown seemed to really be a solid first effort for My Network TV as the show breezed along without an alarming amount of talk and featured some good in ring action.

- Over 50 WWE Superstars were featured on the program and I think that every champion in the WWE was featured as well.

- Considering that many of the individuals who appeared on My Network TV's first Friday Night Smackdown just returned from abroad AND made a brutal drive overnight of 5-6 hours, I was impressed with the match quality of Smackdown.

- I am excited that HBO is apparently going to produce a series with pro wrestling as a backdrop (no pun intended) entitled "Everybody Hurts." A couple of thoughts on this; It will be interesting to see who, if any one, from the business might get cast for roles on this drama and will this series, coupled with the film "The Wrestler", help create an awareness for the business that makes it more popular and more profitable?

- Monday Night Raw garnered 4.5 million viewers this week earning a 3.1 rating that peaked at a 3.7 rating the last 9 minutes the show was on the air. The NFL wising up and making their Monday night schedule better from the get go and then going with the best available game later in the season, as I understand it, on Mondays poses a challenge but as the old promoters always said, "If we have what the fans want to see they will watch it."

- I hear that WWE Diva Melina will likely not return to the ring until January but that her severely injured heel is improving on schedule.

Click here ( http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/jrs-back-land-cheese) to read JR's latest