PDA

View Full Version : More On WWE Ejecting Fan For Sign, CW Smacked Down On Friday Night, Chris Jericho

Black Widow
10-06-2008, 06:04 PM
-- A fan in attendance at last Monday's WWE Raw taping in Minneapolis was ejected for holding up a sign that read "Butt Clown." This was the same person we reported about last week who brought signs such as "Urine Sample Please" (during Batista's match), "Make It Look Real," and "Kick his ass, Sea Bass." Security warned the fan that be kicked out if he kept holding up controversial signs. He also held up "Cup Check That Chick" during a Beth Phoenix segment, but the "Butt Clown" sign was the straw that broke the camel's back in getting ejected by security. The fan noticed WWE security talking to building security and saw someone point in his direction. The fan was ejected, with his friend following along. In the concourse area, Minneapolis police officials examined the fan's driver license, took down all his information, and told him he was not allowed to re-enter the Target Center. The next day, the fan contacted WWE headquarters to complain about the incident. The fan noted that Chris Jericho would routinely use the phrase "Ass Clown," but WWE Community Relations Coordinator Amin Seirafi told him it's different when wrestlers say it than when it appears on fan signs. Seirafi also objected to a remark the fan made regarding WWE selling sex and violence.

The fan said, "He told me WWE promotes entertainment and Divas." To read the story on the entire situation, look below:

Powell's Blog

WWE security goes overboard in confiscating fan signs, removes a fan from the building for holding up a sign with a PG version of a top wrestler's phrase
By Jason Powell Oct 2, 2008 - 05:05 PM

Thursday, October 2 – 5:05 P.M. (CT)

It's a small world. Earlier this week, I listed some of the notable fan signs that were held up at the WWE Raw show at the Target Center in Minneapolis. It was later pointed out to me that one of the signs I missed read, "Urine Sample Please," which I mentioned in an audio update.

I went to my softball game on Wednesday night and recalled that one of my teammates telling me that he was going to the show, so I asked him what the thought of it. He mentioned that he enjoyed what he got to see of it. My first thought was that he got stuck sitting behind a fan who held up a large sign all night. Rather, he and a friend brought their own signs to the show and that's where the problems started.

Yes, you guessed it, my softball teammate, Ben Loney, was one of the guys who held up the "Urine Sample Please" sign during Batista's match. Security approached Ben and his friend Jonathan Minks and took the sign from them. They warned the duo that they'd be kicked out if they held up controversial signs.

Loney and Minks laughed it off at the time. Ben later conceded to me that he knew this particular sign was pushing it and he didn't want to get kicked out, so he and Minks complied with security's request and only held up the tamer signs they had in their collection.

Apparently, even those signs were not tame enough for WWE.

Later in the show, building security members approached the duo again and removed a sign that read, "Cup Check That Chick" during a Beth Phoenix segment. The sign wasn't controversial enough for security to remove Loney and Minks. However, they figured it was obvious they were being watched, so they were even more cautious about which signs they displayed.

Nevertheless, WWE security took offense to the "Butt Clown" sign that the duo held up, which is the PG version of Chris Jericho's "Ass Clown" saying. Ben noticed that WWE security was talking to the local security forces and he saw someone point in their direction.

Sure enough, the security crew approached Loney and Minks and took their signs. Minks told me that Loney asked why they couldn't hold up their signs and was told that they were showboating. Security decided to remove Loney from the building, and Minks followed. In the concourse area, Minneapolis police officials examined Loney's driver license, took down all his information, and told him that he was not allowed to reenter the building.

All this for a "Butt Clown" sign.

Loney was laughing it off at softball on Wednesday night, but Minks, a WWE shareholder, was still upset about the situation and decided to contact WWE Headquarters for an explanation. Minks said he spoke to Amin Seirafi of WWE community relations and was told the signs they held up were offensive.

When Minks noted that Jericho used the "Ass Clown" phrase routinely on WWE television in the past, he recalled Seirafi told him that it's different when wrestlers say it and it appears on fan signs. Minks also recalled Seirafi objecting to a remark he made regarding WWE selling sex and violence. "He told me WWE promotes entertainment and Divas," said Minks.

Seirafi eventually agreed to bring the incident to the attention of his superior, Sue Aitchison, WWE's community relations manager. When Aitchison failed to call him back, Minks left her a voicemail on Wednesday. As of an hour ago, the frustrated WWE shareholder has yet to hear back from Seirafi, Aitchison, or anyone else at WWE Headquarters.

prowrestling.net

-- The CW drew some pretty bad ratings on their first Friday night without SmackDown -- and on season premiere night no less. The season premieres of "Everybody Hates Chris" and "The Game" averaged a 1.3 rating for The CW, reports Zap2It.com. An rerun of "America's Top Model" didn't fare any better and The CW finished in last place for the night with a 1.1 rating. Still no word yet on what rating the premiere of "Friday Night SmackDown" on myNetworkTV did.

-- WWE.com has a story on an out-of-character Chris Jericho making some wishes come true for a few Circle of Champions honorees this past Monday in Minneapolis.

lordsofpain.net

JohnCenaFan28
10-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks for this.