PDA

View Full Version : Elijah Burke, Kenny Dykstra & Lena Yada Released

Black Widow
11-10-2008, 06:56 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment announced the releases of ECW star Elijah Burke and Smackdown star Kenny Dykstra this afternoon.

Burke had not been used in recent months. He was a central figure during the ECW Originals vs. New Breed feud but had lost his main supporter when Dave Lagana left the WWE Creative team.

Dykstra was considered the best of the Spirit Squad crew during their run on Raw, but was saddled with a reputation for a bad attitude, which hindered him politically within the company. He was considered a "can't miss" prospect during his time in Ohio Valley Wrestling while under a developmental deal.

Lena Yada, who had appeared as an interviewer for the ECW brand, has also been released from World Wrestling Entertainment. Yada, who was featured on the WWE website for a lot of her charitable efforts, made very few in-ring appearances for the company.

pwinsider.com

Black Widow
11-10-2008, 07:00 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Kenny Dykstra and ECW's Elijah Burke and Lena Yada as of Nov. 10, 2008. WWE wishes them the best in all future endeavors.

WWE.com

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Shame about Burke but you could see it coming a mile away because he hasnt done anything in months, not really bothered about the others

ArJay
11-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Ohhh man I'm mad now...I didn't see it coming with Burke...Last I heard he was still working on his new gimmick....son of a bitch...That's It...I'm turning on SvR and kicking Vince's ass with Burke in a HiaC!!!!!!!!

Kage
11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Too bad about Burke. I never saw what was so great about Dykstra though.

Swinny
11-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Can't say it's all that surprising, although I was hoping Burke would be returning soon. I think he could have a great career in TNA though, he's got tons of potential.

JohnCenaFan28
11-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Aw man, I was waiting for Burke's return. Also, I was a huge fan of Lena Yada when she had her heel turn but since she hasn't been on TV too much, I can't say much, but I'll still miss her as she could have been something.

Kenpachi Zaraki
11-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I didnt really like either of them tbh. Dunno whats the big deal about Burke. Kenny is a cant miss :o