PDA

View Full Version : JBL Says He Should Have Retired, Talks His Feud with HBK

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-07-2008, 10:18 AM
- JBL has been with WWE on all six of their “Tribute to the Troops” shows to the Middle East and he takes pride in helping get it off the ground to support the U.S. troops when many people have forgotten about the troops, he says. “It was my idea, but that’s where it stops. WWE took the ball and ran with everything,” JBL told Kevin Eck of the Baltimore Sun about where the Tribute show idea came from. “Vince McMahon gives me a lot of credit, but I really don’t deserve that much. It was my idea to give to him and within a few weeks, they had formulated the entire plan.”

JBL was asked about his current health and he said he’s still banged up and probably should have retired by now, but he’s enjoying being in the ring and having a real program with Shawn Michaels on the main stage. “My back’s not great and I can’t wrestle a full schedule,” JBL said. “I’m probably one of those guys who’s hung on too long, but I’m enjoying it right now. So far, I can still do most of what I used to do and hide most of my flaws. When it gets to where I can’t hide them at all, I’ll probably call it quits.”

JBL said about his program with Shawn Michaels: “This is phenomenal with Shawn. We’ve never worked on a big stage together. For me, this is a real treat. Shawn’s one of the best ever, so this is a real treat for me.”

WNZ

JohnCenaFan28
12-07-2008, 05:16 PM
I hope he gets a run with a world title before retiring.

DUKE NUKEM
12-08-2008, 07:40 AM
thanks for the read Gunner

ryanasd
12-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I hope he gets a run with a world title before retiring.He proabally will get a title shot

STEELCITYFAN
12-10-2008, 12:36 AM
I 'd like to see a title change at one of the Tribute to the Troops” shows with him winning at least the I-C or World title. Even if it's for a week or so.