PDA

View Full Version : Meerkat spotted - in Wales

JohnCenaFan28
02-14-2009, 04:52 PM
A nurse looked out at her North Wales garden - and spotted a meerkat.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1478217.jpg

Jackie Morgan says the African animal looked "rather sorry for itself, standing upright and shivering in the morning frost".

She and husband Keith phoned animal rescue centres, a vet, the Welsh Mountain Zoo and Chester Zoo - but no one believed them.

Mrs Morgan, of Mynydd Isa near Mold, told the Daily Post: "I think they thought it was some kind of joke because of the TV advert. They said they thought it was more likely to be a ferret.

"We put some nuts out for it so it came in and we captured it in a box. I think it's only a baby.

"In the end I let it go in the conservatory and took some photos of it to send to them - they all phoned back saying it was definitely a meerkat!"

Mrs Morgan fed Monica, as she named the meerkat, with mice supplied by a neighbour who keeps snakes after taking advice from Chester Zoo.

She added: "We've had it sitting on our laps and it followed me around everywhere - I think it thinks I'm it's mum."

Chester Zoo came to the meerkat's - and Jackie's - rescue when it collected Monica.

Spokesperson Rachel Ashton said the zoo was happy to help and kept Monica in quarantine overnight before she was returned to her owner.

-Nova

DUKE NUKEM
02-16-2009, 08:23 AM
thanks for the post Eel