PDA

View Full Version : Recap Of Chris Jericho On The Bonnie Hunt Show

JohnCenaFan28
02-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Recap of Chris Jericho on The Bonnie Hunt Show
Aired on February 23rd, 2009
Report by Jason Powell

Chris Jericho appeared on the syndicated talk show "The Bonnie Hunt Show" on Monday to promote WrestleMania 25 and WWE Raw. Footage aired from a recent Raw match between Jericho and C.M. Punk. Jericho slid down a pole to make his entrance. "I have been waiting my whole life to slide down a fire pole," Jericho said.

Jericho said he didn't know anything about Mickey Rourke calling him out from the red carpet on the SAG Awards. He said he was sitting backstage after a show when his cousin sent him a text message and filled him in. He said he was excited that Rourke even know who he was. Jericho said he went on the "Larry King Live" show with the idea of being the biggest jerk possible. He said he received hate mail from people who couldn't believe how mean he came across.

Jericho said he started watching wrestling with his grandmother when he was young. He said she was a mellow woman, who would get intense when she watched wrestling. "I really enjoyed the combination of the physicality of it and the characters," he said.

Jericho said he lets his five year-old son watching wrestling, but his son finds it boring. He also told a story about all three of his kids walking up to him and doing the John Cena "You can't see me" hand gesture. "I put all three of them in the closet and didn't let them eat for three days," Jericho joked.

Jericho played it straight and wasn't in character during the interview. Rather, he talked about playing a "bad guy" on television, and said the boos from the crowd are like cheers to him. He plugged WrestleMania 25 by giving Hunt an autographed WrestleMania Anthology DVD collection and a WrestleMania 25 t-shirt. He came off well and was a hit with the studio audience.

Source: WA