PDA

View Full Version : WWE Films Posts Big Losses

JohnCenaFan28
03-05-2009, 11:54 PM
It's being reported that of the three movies which have been produced by WWE Films, the studio has lost a total of $5.3 million. "The Condemned," which performed the worst of the three films, lost more money than "The Marine" made, and "See No Evil" lost slightly less. This would explain why WWE is pushing Cena's upcoming "12 Rounds" film as the company needs it to perform well at the box office.

Source: WZ

scorpionf
03-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Wow, I can't believe the 3 films did that badly...

Actually, yes I can....

But in all honesty, I kind of like the movies, as I love mindless action and horror movies, and these 3 movies are just that... I don't care so much for storylines in movies - I just like lots of action and horror! :) I can see why many people do not like them though...

DUKE NUKEM
03-06-2009, 07:44 AM
wow thanks for the post Eel

Will
03-07-2009, 04:22 AM
This is wildly inaccurate. Even if they were basing it solely on box office numbers, it would still be untrue. See no evil had a production budget of 8 million and made 19 million at the box office, giving the studio a profit of about 3 million dollars. It has also done about 20 million in dvd sales. I don't believe that either of the other two movies turned a profit in the theaters, but Cena's did well enough for what it was and had to be close, and combined they have made over 50 million in dvd sales. Three movies with a combined budget of 30-35 million and returns of 130 million in sales is a pretty good turnout.