PDA

View Full Version : Pete Burns 'Critically Ill' In Hospital

Black Widow
03-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Ex-Dead Or Alive singer Pete Burns has announced on his website he is "critically ill" in hospital after suffering kidney failure.

The 49-year-old said on deadoralive.net that he collapsed last Wednesday and was taken to a London hospital where he had five hours of surgery on his kidneys.

Doctors discovered that the former Celebrity Big Brother star had eight kidney stones but were unable to remove them because of complications.

He says he is now on a morphine drip to relieve the pain.

Burns, who appeared in CBB 2006, said: "I'm in a very serious condition on 24 hours intravenous morphine for the pain. Intravenous fluid as I'm so dehydrated and the kidneys can't retain the liquid.

"I'm critically ill and under 24 hours observation and will be in hospital for quite a long time."

His ordeal comes as he bids to win a £1m court case for alleged botched cosmetic surgery to his lips which left him "suicidal".

An address has been left on the site where fans can send flowers and cards.

Messages have started to rush onto his forum wishing him well.

Burns hit the big time in the mid-1980s with the Dead Or Alive hit You Spin Me Round (Like A Record).

He appeared in the fourth series of Celebrity Big Brother, alongside Michael Barrymore, George Galloway and eventual winner Chantelle Houghton.

Sky News

DUKE NUKEM
03-23-2009, 08:12 AM
wow thanks for the post Ryan

JohnCenaFan28
04-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the read.