PDA

View Full Version : Tazz Leaves WWE

Black Widow
03-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Former ECW World champion and long-time WWE announcer Tazz left World Wrestling Entertainment last night after calling the matches for this Friday's edition of Smackdown. He is now officially done with the company as his WWE contract expires today. We will both have many more details on this story in reports on the Audio section of PWInsiderElite.com today.

PWI

Black Widow
03-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Long time WWE announcer and ECW original Tazz has quietly left WWE today after allowing his contract to expire. It appears no deal could have kept him with the company, as he felt the time was right to walk away. Unless he does them a favor, Tazz will not be calling Wrestlemania 25, although because Smackdown is taped you will see his last appearance this Friday.

There is no heat nor controversy; it just seems “the human suplex machine” wants a well deserved break.

Beyond his ECW and more recently Smackdown commentating work, he’s been appearing on the awesome Legend’s of Wrestling roundtables.

Tazz made his break in wrestling coming through the Indys and working for the original ECW (originally as the caveman-esque Tazmaniac), gradually developing in to the street thug Tazz through the mid to late 90s.

He made his WWF debut to a great reaction at Royal Rumble 2000, and had a nice midcard/hardcore run, before moving in to the announce booth after nagging injuries.

wrestlingtruth.com

Black Widow
03-31-2009, 09:21 PM
It is being reported that Tazz gave WWE officials notice that he is leaving several weeks ago. He told friends his contract expired today and he will not be at WrestleMania 25. He was said to be burnout from the schedule and needed to recharge, which was one of the factors for leaving.

Credit: ProWrestling.net

cspyke1127
03-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Hello JBL back to commentary!

Kage
03-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Tazz has always been my favorite color commentator, I really hate to see him go :(

JohnCenaFan28
03-31-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah I think JBL will retire and go back to commentate on SD!, that'd be awesome JR and JBL together.