PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy: Interview On Art

JohnCenaFan28
04-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Royal flush: What was your first foray into art as a child?

Jeff Hardy: It was the subject that I always excelled in at school. It always came natural for me. I read comics when I was young, and I created my own superheroes. Then wrestling came into my life!

Royal flush: Any talented artists in the family?

Jeff Hardy: no, not to my knowledge

Royal flush: As an artist, aren’t you scared you’ll hurt your hands?

Jeff Hardy: (laughs) I’ve been very lucky through my career and haven’t had any hand injuries. Just the regular bumps and scrapes.

Royal flush: How did your personal creativity manifest in your wrestling career?

Jeff Hardy: First was the dyeing of the hair, and the wearing of pants, not tights. Facial hair too, I just wanted to be different. Stand out from the rest, and I did.

Royal flush: Who’s the best WWE artist?

Jeff Hardy: Jerry Lawler is the best - his works stands out and is amazing.

Royal flush: I hear you make giant sculptures too…

Jeff Hardy: I call them the Alumninummies. Made from wooden frames and plastic bottles and tons of duct tape and foil tape. My mailbox is even an Alumninummy.

Royal flush: What’s it like being one of the rare wrestlers that designs his own merchandise?

Jeff Hardy: It’s special -and the kids really love it. I love to little drawings for people at autograph signings.
For my last shirt - I did four designs and loaded them up to wwe.com and let the fans vote. It was so cool.

Royal flush: At WrestleMania, you’re fighting your own brother Matt Hardy??

Jeff Hardy: Yes

Royal Flush: Is it because he didn’t support your art career?

Jeff Hardy: (Laughs) Yeah, I think it’s the art drawings , not the heavyweight belt!!

Source: Royal Flush Magazine