PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes says black-eye was from Shane McMahon punch during TV brawl,

John
04-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Apparently Shane McMahon's often-criticized punches are effective. In an interview published on ESPN.com today, WWE wrestler Cody Rhodes said a shiner over his left eye was from a Shane McMahon punch on the March 30 episode of Raw.

At the conclusion of the final Raw before WrestleMania 25 on March 30, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Ted DiBiase brawled against Triple H, Shane McMahon, and Ted DiBiase. Cody paired off against Shane, who landed a blow.

"This happened on Raw the other night," Rhodes laughed to ESPN's Jon Robison during WrestleMania weekend activities. "It was from the first punch [of Shane McMahon]. The McMahons and The Legacy, it didn't go well for me."

Rhodes might be part of the Randy Orton's second-generation group on TV, but his father, Dusty Rhodes, says Cody earned his spot on TV without needing any help from him.

"Cody is young and ripped and Hollywood," Dusty told ESPN. "At 18, he went to acting school after becoming a national champion wrestler in high school, and he did this all on his own. So he prepared himself for the bigger venue."

Cody says he's experienced some jealousy in the WWE locker room, but he expected that to be the case because he's Dusty's son.

"One thing I learned from my old man is that people are going to be happy for you, but not too happy," Cody said. "When the tables are turned and you're hanging out on top with a guy like Randy Orton who is in the main event at WrestleMania, not all the guys are going to like you."

-PWT

JohnCenaFan28
04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
That's just sad.