PDA

View Full Version : JBL says Mickey Rourke was paranoid about Chris Jericho

John
05-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Former WWE wrestler JBL says Mickey Rourke was paranoid backstage at WrestleMania 25 because he wasn't sure if Chris Jericho was going to shoot on him during their "confrontation" that ended with Jericho taking a dive for Rourke.

JBL says Rourke brought Frank Shamrock to ringside with him just in case. "Mickey Rourke didn't know (whether) Jericho was working him or not," JBL told aroundtheoctagon.com. "He was really worried Jericho was serious about hurting him. He even admitted it afterwards."

JBL laughed that Rourke made a movie about wrestling, but it didn't seem like he even understood the business. "He made a movie about wrestling and he didn't know Chris was acting," JBL said.

Appearing at WrestleMania 25 in Houston was JBL's official retirement, at least for now. JBL says he wanted to retire in Texas and he hand-picked Rey Mysterio to retire him because of their personal friendship.

JBL says taking the long walk from the ring to the curtain after announcing his retirement was his opportunity to reflect on his wrestling career.

"The walk back was the one that had so much retrospection in it. It was a quarter mile back to the back," JBL said. "They asked me if I wanted to ride in the golf cart that was ferrying the guys back and forth. I told them I wanted to walk back. I realized it was the last time I’d ever wear wrestling boots and wrestling tights and be a wrestler."

JBL says there was "no sadness" as he made the walk. He says he was just glad to get it over with so he could move on to his next business venture of running his energy drink company full-time.

"I was happy how I went out and I was happy it was over," JBL said. "I am ready to move on with my life."