PDA

View Full Version : More Details on RAW's Major Problems for Next Week's Show

Kellie
05-19-2009, 02:35 AM
ESPN and other media outlets have picked up on the conflict between WWE, the Pepsi Center and the Denver Nuggets. ESPN notes that Pepsi Center officials told the ABC TV affiliate Channel 7 in Denver that the Nuggets game against the LA Lakers would be played as scheduled and that they are working with WWE to reschedule or move their event.

We haven't heard anymore on the offer that was reportedly made to WWE to hold RAW in the Denver Coliseum, a much smaller building. Pepsi Center officials have said that once a decision is made regarding WWE's RAW event, a news release will be sent out so we'll keep you updated.

WWE spokesman Robert Zimmerman says the company secured the Pepsi Center on August 15th of 2008 and have already sold more than 10,000 tickets for it. Zimmerman said the Pepsi Center confirmed in March with WWE that they wanted to keep the May 25th RAW date and sent WWE a contract on April 15th, the final night of the NBA regular season. WWE signed and returned the contract then put tickets on sale April 11th.

It seems unlikely that RAW will be canceled altogether but between changing tickets over and everything else they would have to do to move to the smaller Denver Coliseum, it would be a major headache.

On a related note, CBS4 in Denver tried to contact Kroenke Sport Enterprises for a comment on Vince McMahon's shot at the Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke but they declined to comment.

IW

solaris389
05-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Wonder if this will be the first scheduled RAW that doesn't happen? Sucks for the people who bought tickets if they can't get an agreement on a venue.

gguru
05-19-2009, 03:58 AM
I am one of those ticket holders and my wife is in a wheelchair, so that multiplies the problems, because Denver Coliseum is nowhere as near as accessible as Pepsi Center. I know Vince said he would hold it in a parking lot if he had to, and I appreciate what he is trying to do. If Kroenke does any less than the same size arena, I will be very upset and hope that Vince sues him silly. I believe Invesco Field at Mile High is empty that night...hmmmmmmmmm, a stadium show RAW...that could work for everyone but the Nuggets owner and that would be ok with me.

deadmanwalkin
05-19-2009, 02:34 PM
that would be like wrestlemania 24 if they did that

that would actually be really cool cuz its something

something is better than nothing