PDA

View Full Version : Cena Heel Turn Update

Kellie
05-21-2009, 04:07 AM
During a WWE creative meeting recently, one member of the team brought up the idea of turning John Cena heel. Vince McMahon lit the guy up about how foolishly short-sighted the idea was.

There's a feeling that with all the merchandise revenue Cena brings in, turning him heel is a bad idea, at least until his merchandise cools off a little. The second reaction from someone close to the situation is that maybe the guy shouldn't have been lit into like that because they should be open to discussing ideas even and even if it's a bad idea, it should be encouraged as something different

IW

If It Takes Forever
05-21-2009, 05:52 AM
That's too bad. Cena needs a change.

Wasup_Oww
05-21-2009, 11:14 AM
A very good idea, Cena does need a change like he ^ said. I'd love to see it.

Black Widow
05-21-2009, 11:18 AM
cena needs a heel turn, then lead a way for a new top face to come up

deadmanwalkin
05-21-2009, 02:16 PM
just cuz he would be a heel doesnt mean that his sales will go down

Xan20
05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Vince is a dumbass

Kage
05-21-2009, 09:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, someone posted a couple of weeks ago that Randy Orton was outselling Cena. So Vince's logic makes no sense at all.

wwe9112
05-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Ha turn cena into orton, and Orton into cena :P... Anyhow, keep him a face. Some people are best known as a face then a heel, why change him... Orton will never be a face IMO so why make Cena a face? On the other hand, The Rock grew even more popular when he turned heel, so only time will tell.

Will
05-22-2009, 04:10 AM
Ha turn cena into orton, and Orton into cena :P... Anyhow, keep him a face. Some people are best known as a face then a heel, why change him... Orton will never be a face IMO so why make Cena a face? On the other hand, The Rock grew even more popular when he turned heel, so only time will tell.

And in the same regard Cena was more popular as a heel than as a face.

scorpionf
05-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Cena was better as a heel than as a face... He should have turned heel again along time ago.

I can't imagine Cena turning heel is going to affect merchandise sales... All the teenage girls and boys 12 years and under will still love him (and that's where a majority of the sales are coming from)