PDA

View Full Version : WWE House Show Another Victim Of Wwe Schedule Change, The Irony Of The Situation

Black Widow
05-21-2009, 11:24 AM
9News in Denver reported this evening that WWE also canceled a scheduled Raw house show for this Sunday 5/24 in Loveland, Colorado as well as the previously mentioned 5/26 Smackdown/ECW taping in Colorado Springs.

In speaking with 9News, Vince McMahon commented, "It's really unfortunate because if he were just a regular business man and picked up the phone and said, 'Vince, you know, we're throwing you out but I want to make it right, what can we do?' I never heard from Kroenke, I don't know if anyone else has either, by the way, he's somewhat of a Howard Hughes guy I understand. I think our company has been damaged severely from a financial standpoint and from a psychological standpoint as well. You don't treat people the way Kroenke's management treated us. I'm not a litigious kind of guy, but quite frankly when we have a contract and we have over 10,000 tickets sold and you just say: we're out, and we're not going to do anything for you, you know we're not going to make any restitution. We may pay for your additional expenses, that's it. There could very well be a lawsuit down the road."

Of course, the irony of the situation is that WWE is doing exactly what they are crucifying the Kroepke Sports organization for - canceling events at the last second. There are certainly mitigating circumstances, but the bottom line here is that there are fans in Colorado who were expecting three shows this coming week. Only one of those shows were canceled on WWE. The other two were the company's decision.

PWI

gguru
05-21-2009, 05:18 PM
The irony is evident, however, imagine what it would have taken to be here, in Colorado, on Sunday, then go to L.A. on Monday, and then be back here on Tuesday. It would have over-taxed the crews to do this kind of set-up. The entire cancellation falls to Kroenke and no one else.
Vince also said he would make the whole situation right for fans in each city, he just didn't have dates.