PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Womens Champion

Black Widow
06-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Another interesting note is that Chris Jericho defended his Intercontinental title against Rey Mysterio, but Jericho came to the ring holding a title belt that was clearly not the IC belt. Anyone who knows any better could tell that he was carrying the Women's Title with black electrical tape over the "Women's Championship" part of the belt. He held it in his hand rather than wear it and did his best to hold the title face close to body so that no one would see. It appeared as if Jericho and the ref joked about it when he handed the belt over. The ref also did not hold the belt up to the crowd prior to the match (as they did with the ECW and World titles later that night). It was very bizzare. Wonder what happened the the IC belt?

EWN

Darth Fozzy
06-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Here was me thinking there was some twist and that Jericho had done a Santino and won at a house show somehow.

Kage
06-15-2009, 05:59 PM
If he flew, the airport might've lost his luggage? If he did actually lose it somehow, I would've booked him to cut a promo, blaming some incompetant worker for losing his belt.

Darth Fozzy
06-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Actually, now that you mention it, was this the Hershey Smackdown show? If it is, he posted on Twitter that he had been waiting ages for his luggage at the airport so it sounds possible.

Xan20
06-15-2009, 07:50 PM
just call the luggage handelers assclowns

Black Widow
06-15-2009, 10:16 PM
A few sharp-eyed readers sent word that at last night's WWE Smackdown house show in Hershey, PA it appeared as if Chris Jericho was trying to hide the Intercontinental championship when he came to the ring and wasn't wearing it per usual.

Well, there's a good reason for that. Jericho carried the WWE Women's championship (with some electrical tape masking what the title was) to the ring for his match.

The word going around the wrestlers was that Jericho had accidentally forgotten to pack the Intercontinental championship with him, leaving it in his hotel room when he left for the house show.

While there was no heat on Jericho for it, it led to some ribbing from the other workers on the show.

PWI

Will
06-16-2009, 03:10 AM
I always heard the company handled the belts between shows. I guess thats old school now though.

Darth Fozzy
06-16-2009, 03:20 AM
It makes sense to have your punishment be to walk to the ring with the Women's Championship, wonder what the Divas' punishment would be if they forgot their title.

Black Widow
06-16-2009, 02:06 PM
It makes sense to have your punishment be to walk to the ring with the Women's Championship, wonder what the Divas' punishment would be if they forgot their title.

get downgraded to a cardboard cut out or worse the ecw title

deadmanwalkin
06-16-2009, 02:24 PM
hahaha the ecw championship