PDA

View Full Version : It's Always Sunny on WWE RAW

Black Widow
08-08-2009, 09:25 PM
August 7, 2009 - WWE RAW has recently begun using guest hosts for their weekly Monday night episodes, which has opened the door for some very amusing celebrity guests to show up on the popular wresting series – recent episodes have featured the likes of Seth Green, Shaquille O'Neal and Jeremy Piven, all of whom have gotten involved in some in-ring theatrics over the course of the two-hour show.

Last night, I spoke to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Glenn Howerton ("Dennis") about the upcoming season of the hysterical FX series, which returns on September 17th. Howerton told me about a wrestling-themed episode of Sunny in Season 5, in which Dennis, Mac (Rob McElhenney) and Charlie (Charlie Day) form "a triumvirate tag team called the Birds of War." Howerton revealed that for the episode they'd created Birds of War costumes and entrance music, and that none other than "Rowdy" Roddy Piper guest stars in the installment.

Noting the obvious tie-in that Sunny episode seemed to offer, I asked Howerton if he'd heard about RAW's recent use of guest hosts. As it turned out, not only was the answer yes, but Howerton told me, "Yeah, they want us to do that, actually. There's a very good chance, if the dates work out, that we may be doing that sometime in September. We'll see. It's not definite."

Howerton added, "If we do [go on RAW], our plan is to come on as the Birds of War. We may have a little bit of beef with somebody. We'll see. "

Let me be the first to say a big "Hell yeah" to the idea of Mac, Charlie and Dennis getting to mix it up on RAW. And if it does happen, let's hope they can also somehow sing "Day Man" in the process.

IGN