PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston Comments On Being Left Off The SummerSlam Card

John
08-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Express Night Out has a new interview online with WWE United States Champion Kofi Kingston to promote Sunday's SummerSlam pay-per-view. Below are the highlights:

Tweeting he was having SummerSlam tights made only to be left off the card: I think I got ahead of myself and got excited. The card is always subjected to change; you never know what's going to happen. As of now, I'm not on the card, but hopefully I will be. I always have a pair of trunks for every single pay-per-view regardless if I 'm on it or not. Basically, these "SummerSlam" trunks will maybe become "Hell in a Cell Trunks" or "Bragging Rights" trunks — the next pay-per-view down the road is what these trunks will be for.

Favorite worker to work with: Chris Jericho is one of my favorite people to be in the ring with. And Kane ... Big Show. .... I had my first title shot ever in pro wrestling — independent or WWE — against Chris Jericho in 2008 "Night of Champions." I looked across the ring and saw Chris Jericho — I watched him growing up. ... So, before we stepped into the ring and started I had to take a step back and smile a little bit. He's one of the best, if not the best, of our time right now. It's one of my great, heartfelt moments in WWE.

08-21-2009, 06:24 PM
ty