PDA

View Full Version : WWE let The Rock's contract expire without telling?

John
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM
As previously reported, WWE has reached out to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson about hosting a future episode of RAW. To update, the ball is still in the former champ’s court, but insiders say they would be surprised if he agreed to do the show.

Apparently there are still some hard feelings over the way WWE let his contract expire without telling him, which is why some feel Johnson often speaks good of the wrestling industry in interviews, but rarely mentions WWE by name. Furthermore, he’s been badmouthed repeatedly within the company by some of his detractors whenever he’s made appearances, such as at the Hall Of Fame ceremony.

However, it’s not all bad news for Rock fans -- One source says the heat between WWE and Johnson is over exaggerated and is still under the impression that we should “never say never” about the possibility.

LionDen
08-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Would be good to see the Rock come back for a guest gosting job but he has been trying to distance himself away from wrestling, including removing the rock part of his name in movies. I guess only time will tell.

Y0UR Messiah
08-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Only reason "The Rock" isn't used in his movies any more is that the WWE said he couldn't use it any more. Not because The Rock wanted to use his real name, the WWE wouldn't allow him to use something that was copyrighted to them.

aoessand
08-27-2009, 11:25 PM
he is a shit ass actor shoulda never left WWE i mean give me a break after south land tails i will never ever watch another dyane the crock jockstrap

LionDen
08-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Only reason "The Rock" isn't used in his movies any more is that the WWE said he couldn't use it any more. Not because The Rock wanted to use his real name, the WWE wouldn't allow him to use something that was copyrighted to them.

I'm not sure about that, I remember The Rock saying he did not want to use the name in his movie titles anymore and I do not remember WWE saying anything about copyright.

Y0UR Messiah
08-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Trust me on this, the WWE pulled the old Copyright because he wasn't wrestling in the WWE any more. They loved the idea of him using the name when he was with them. But as soon as he was no longer with the company, the WWE pulled the plug and he couldn't use the name any more. I know I'm right. If nothing else, we might be both right, maybe he didn't want to use the name any more and the WWE didn't want him to use it either. But from my memory, it was the WWE that stopped it.

LionDen
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
lol oh well, both points sound good :)