PDA

View Full Version : Vince McMahon Talks About Chris Benoit's Place in WWE History

Kellie
09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
WWE's "Untold History" magazine features comments from Chairman Vince McMahon prior to each segment of WWE's timeline. Regarding the Chris Benoit situation and whether he can be acknowledged as part of WWE history, McMahon says:

"It's not right to pretend he didn't exist. It's one thing to include him as part of a historical perspective, which I believe is OK, and it's another thing to promote him, which is not OK. The situation is very similar to that of O.J. Simpson - despite his controversy, O.J. was still a part of the NFL scene. You can't deny that he existed."

IW

The Mac
09-11-2009, 09:52 AM
finally someone makes sense so many people on this site wanted to pretend he never existed and thats just stupid.... as a person his acts were reprehensible but as a wwe performer he was one of the best

the madscotsman
09-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I can't believe that Vince McMahon is the first guy to realy say something sensible about this situation

tommy
09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
finally someone makes sense so many people on this site wanted to pretend he never existed and thats just stupid.... as a person his acts were reprehensible but as a wwe performer he was one of the best

Saying "he was one of the best" is promoting him, which is what Vince said is bad. That's not history, history is "Benoit was a wrestler, he was in these matches and won these belts". That's what they acknowledge.

A Blissful Ass
09-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Vince actualy mentioned Benoit i'm shocked

Shane McMahon's Ass
09-12-2009, 02:06 AM
About damn time Vince said this.

Thanks Kellie

whoblehwah
09-12-2009, 04:56 AM
You know, he says they can't deny he existed, yet they don't mention him at all on the WCW Dvd. -_- He was part of the 4 Horsemen for cryin' out loud!

The Mac
09-12-2009, 08:18 AM
i was saying as a wwe wrestler he was one of the best... so his matches shouldnt be forgotten about... even tho his acts were horrible