PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker HAS Tapped

John
09-11-2009, 04:12 PM
For those wondering if Undertaker has ever tapped out during his WWE career, JP did a little research and found only one instance of it happening:

The match happened on an episode of Smackdown that aired on July 4th, 2002 during Undertaker's Undisputed Title reign. Undertaker lifted Kurt Angle for a Last Ride and Angle squeezed him with a triangle choke. Taker lowered him to the ground slowly as he was "going out" from the hold. Angle's shoulders were down and then Taker tapped at the same time the ref hit the mat for the third time. The match was ruled a draw. Angle later claimed that the tapout should take precedence over the pinfall, and that's how Angle was inserted into the main event title match at that year's Vengeance PPV.
So, Undertaker has tapped. It was just at the same time as a pin, resulting in a draw, and during his Biker period when it didn't take too much away from his mysterious invincible aura.

Thanks to JP for sending that along. The only other instance of Undertaker tapping out was in his living room. Seriously, on the "This Is My Yard" home video (also during his Biker period), Undertaker tapped out to an armbar being applied by his then-wife Sara. Undertaker even joked that he "never" taps out.

So, while Undertaker has tapped out once on WWE television, and once on WWE home video, neither actually resulted in him losing a match.

legolas4792
09-11-2009, 09:42 PM
i knew somebody would be looking this up lol

Black Widow
09-11-2009, 09:45 PM
i knew somebody would be looking this up lol

it didnt take long either lol

A Blissful Ass
09-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Taker never tapped out that night Angle got pinned

The Undertaker
09-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Taker never tapped out. It was CLEARLY a 3 count dammit.

Shane McMahon's Ass
09-12-2009, 01:28 AM
The person who 'thinks' Taker tapped needs to get out and get laid...SERIOUSLY!

Kage
09-12-2009, 04:21 AM
I remember that match, but I couldnt remember who got pinned and who tapped.

The Mac
09-12-2009, 08:25 AM
i remember the match and it looked like taker tapped but it happened after the pinfall so it shouldnt count

A Blissful Ass
09-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I remember that match, but I couldnt remember who got pinned and who tapped.

Just as Angle Got pinned Taker Tapped so he never tapped