PDA

View Full Version : McMahon says WWE antics not a liability to Senate run

Black Widow
09-19-2009, 10:00 PM
(CNN) — World Wrestling Entertainment CEO Linda McMahon, who earlier this week announced she is launching a Republican bid to challenge Sen. Chris Dodd in a Democratic primary, told CNN Friday she doesn't expect her company's colorful antics will serve as a liability to her campaign.

"[Voters] enjoy our product, but they also know that it's an entertainment product that's on television and the company that's behind that is a very strong company," McMahon told CNN's Kiran Chetry on American Morning. "It's traded on the News York stock exchange."

McMahon — who joins a crowded field of Republicans hoping to challenge Dodd — also said she can identify with the financial plight of many of the state's voters, since she and husband Vince McMahon once had to declare bankruptcy.

Full interview transcript on AM Fix blog

"We lost our house, we lost our credit cards. We couldn't even rent a car," she said. "So I know the angst of that. I know the embarrassment of that. I know what it's like to wonder, are you going to have a job, are you going to be able to make your mortgage?"

McMahon also said she is running to reform Washington's "reckless" spending.

"You know, I'm a businesswoman and I've been watching what's going on," she said "The mounting debt that we have, people out of work, reckless spending going on in Washington, and I couldn't sit on the sidelines and watch anymore. I really wanted to get in, to do something."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

Kage
09-19-2009, 11:29 PM
The McMahons are taking over the world. Somebody had better stop them now :shifty: