PDA

View Full Version : Manu Talks About Respect Backstage In WWE

John
09-22-2009, 06:12 PM
What did the WWE locker room think of you? Did you get instant respect because of your father or did you have to work extra hard to prove yourself?

No, in the locker room you have to earn your respect...especially with the vets.... What helped was I already knew a lot of the boys... but as far as instant respect.... No didn't get that...

Do you feel you were utilized properly by WWE creative in your run with the company? If you had more input, what would you have done differently?

I'm just glad I had the opportunity to live my dream for a while... As far as creative, I thought i had a good look going while I was in FCW... I was a Samoan... Wrestled barefoot, wore LavaLava's to the ring... But I still spoke English, and I wrestled aggressive as hell down there... so much they had to tell me to tone it down...But it got over.. So i would have changed my image, but they didn't want me to be compared to my cousin Umaga.

What do you plan on doing going forward? Would you be interested in returning to WWE?

Yes I have interest in returning to WWE... Only time will tell... But I want to go to Japan first lol

WNW