PDA

View Full Version : Fans Claim WWE Was "Classless and Disrespectful" To Umaga

A Blissful Ass
12-11-2009, 10:25 PM
The UK Sun has posted an article noting that UK fans were appalled by the fact that WWE did not acknowledge the recent death of Eddie "Umaga" Fatu during Raw this week. Below are several fan complaints noted in the article, and a WWE spokesperson in The UK issued the following response: "We are not able to provide comment or clarification on this story."

"The very least they should have done was give a minute for Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler to announce the news and pass on the condolences of the WWE to Mr Fatu's family.

"And there should have been a video tribute about his two significant runs with the company, regardless of him not being under contract with them or any problems they may have had in the past.

"A completely disrespectful and classless act."

WZ

legolas4792
12-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Fans arent people, they are devices for monetary gain

Relapse
12-11-2009, 11:22 PM
I honestly did expect a tribute to him or a mention of his passing.

scorpionf
12-12-2009, 03:11 AM
I was at least expecting them to mention his passing... I was not expecting a tribute though.

DUKE NUKEM
12-12-2009, 07:37 AM
^ same here just alittle respect

tapout
12-12-2009, 09:35 AM
They may be a bit trigger shy after the huge tribute they did for Benoit before all the facts were known. Plus chances are they would have done more if he was still with the company at the time of his death.

John
12-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Meh, Me and Sammy (Guy from my school) were discussing this yesterday. I thought they would have included a tribute section, Only a few minutes long. Or even just a tribute photo at the start of Raw like they usually do with deaths. But nothing.

Relapse
12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
They may be a bit trigger shy after the huge tribute they did for Benoit before all the facts were known. Plus chances are they would have done more if he was still with the company at the time of his death.

That's a good point.

Jon Power
12-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Tasteless is the right word.