PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Signs New Contract With WWE - Details Inside

A Blissful Ass
12-19-2009, 02:48 AM
Jim Ross has posted a new blog on JrsBarBQ.com; here are the highlights…
On His WWE Contract: My contract status with WWE has changed somewhat. We have agreed to terms on a contract extension for a few months to allow me to completely heal from Bells palsy #3. I don't expect to go back on the road until, at the earliest, March but that is an approximate time frame. The story making the rounds that I'm targeting WM26 to return to the airwaves makes for a good story but it is not accurate as I am hoping that I heal quicker and can get back in the game in some form sooner than March 28. That particular issue isn't up to me.

On Brock Lesnar: UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar looks like, because of his on going issues allegedly with diverticulitis, that he will be stripped of his title soon. If Brock is lucky enough to dodge the surgeon's knife on this matter it will be miraculous. Having had diverticulitis, diverticulosis, a perforated intestine and a tumor removed from my colon I can identify with some of what Brock is currently going through. (Thank God I had the skilled Dr. Heiney to help pull me through.) He will have to change his diet to a significant degree for the rest of his life but I still see Brock most likely returning to the Octagon. Perhaps not in 2010 and, if so, it would be late in 2010. If Frank Mir wins the interim title, expect Lesnar to be even more motivated to return and physically destroy Mir as Brock did in their last encounter. To Mir's credit, he has talked and fought his way back into relevancy and into the title picture. Lesnar is seeing skilled, astrologist's and his physical snapshot will be evolving over the next few months. Obviously, UFC honchos feel Lesnar will be out an extended period of time or they wouldn't attempt to crown an interim, paper champion in Brock's absence.

On Bret Hart: There is tons of speculation regarding WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart signing an agreement to return to WWE in the near future. Let me make this clear, I have not personally talked to Bret in months but have exchanged a few emails since I took ill in October but that was about his and my health issues and we never discussed a potential return to WWE for him. Also, I have not talked to one person in WWE about this issue either as I rarely talk to any one within WWE about any thing that doesn't involve my contractual issues.

I do know have a few, somewhat educated opinions on this matter. Firstly, having Bret Hart return to a WWE locker room and be able to mentor young talents is awesome. Young wrestlers need more positive role models who have made it within the business and Bret would no doubt be a great mentor and coach. I have often wondered why Bret has not been asked or arrangements made for Bret to do be a "reoccurring professor" in WWE's developmental program, FCW.

You can check out the full blog entry at JrsBarBQ.com.

WI

DUKE NUKEM
12-19-2009, 07:38 AM
thanks for the post Mat