PDA

View Full Version : JR: Random BBQ'd thoughts

John
12-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Happy Holidays to all and thanks for checking out our blog this week here on WWE.com.

Random BBQ'ed Thoughts from under the black hat ...

Yours truly enjoyed the WWE TLC PPV; yes I paid retail, on Sunday in San Antonio. Nice to see home town hero Shawn Michaels get the spotlight to close the night. San Antonio is the city where in June of 2008 I was "drafted" to Friday Night SmackDown not that I have that committed to memory. J

I loved the ECW match that kicked off TLC between Christian and Shelton Benjamin. Don't know how much more any one could have asked two wrestlers to give in their Ladder Match. Was there a better "Specialty Match" on the card?

My sources say that WWE HOF'er Pat Patterson, the very first IC Champion, is really enamored with the attributes and abilities of the NEW (no one does it like The Fink) Intercontinental Champion Drew McIntyre. The Scotsman also has the ringing endorsement of Mr. McMahon which can obviously be a significant asset to anyone's career.

Sheamus (no last name) shocked the expansive, WWE Universe by upsetting John Cena Sunday night to win the WWE Title at WWE TLC in a Tables Match. Cena is hell-bent on not losing again and to regain the WWE Title which reminded me of similar comments made by the Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow in 2008 after his Gators were upset on their way to winning another National Title. One thing about Cena is that he is a "grinder" and a "grunt" inasmuch as John won't stop working and hustling until he accomplishes his goal.

However, Sheamus will be no flash in the pan and will hold the title longer than many might predict and that's taking into consideration that Cena, and others, are breathing down the Irishman's neck. As great as Stan Stasiak and Ivan Koloff were in their day, Sheamus will not be categorized with those short-term, former WWE Champs.

BTW Sheamus is from Ireland and not England. I think some, WWE Irish fans want that fact established.

Congrats to all the Slammy winners especially my dear, close, long time, personal friend Michael Cole who won a Slammy for his ability to regurgitate. Seriously, it was all in fun and Michael is a good sport and a legit friend and his comments toward me were not taken seriously and if you took them seriously then, "Lighten Up, Francis." Cole winning a Slammy along with his actions and comments reminded me of a Saturday Night Live skit or an old, Seinfeld rerun.

Wow. Dennis Miller must have felt as out of place hosting Raw as Sheamus would when walking into a tanning salon as the talented Miller's brand of humor sailed over the head of many fans in Corpus Christi. As I have learned over the years, talking about politics or religion on a wrestling, TV show usually bombs.

That might have been the pinkest, largest, pink shirt I've ever seen in my life that Batista was wearing Monday night when he pulled the Kanye West spoof and interrupted Maria's acceptance speech for winning Diva of the Year.

BTW, I don't think that I own a pink shirt.

The lovely and talented Johnny Damon, a New York Yankee, at least for now, will host Raw Monday night in Tampa. Damon is a fan and is a buddy of ECW original Tommy "Big Beefy" Dreamer.

Speaking of "Big Beefy," have you checked out the new, WWE Topps Trading Card set yet? Very cool cards and another viable, holiday gift idea. There is a "Big Beefy" card in the set as best I recall because yours truly wrote many of the bio's.

I have watched the History of the World Title DVD produced by WWE twice now and the classic footage is priceless and I wholeheartedly encourage all fans to check out this DVD. Much like our products that offer FREE SHIPPING at www.jrsbarbq.com. This DVD is a great stocking stuffer for those of you prone to stuff during the holiday season.

Is Bret "Hit Man" Hart going to host a future episode of Monday Night Raw? Sure sounds like he might. Often times in WWE where there's smoke there is fire and the WWE HOF'er from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, would be a hit as the head man on WWE's top TV priority. It would be interesting to see how "Hit Man" would interact with nemesis and WWE honcho Mr. McMahon and if both men could physically restrain themselves if put into an uncomfortable situation. Maybe the two, long time rivals should have a duel in the desert some time around the end of March 2010 … I'm just saying.

How could any one dispute the selection of the Match of the Year Slammy winner? The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania ... Houston, Texas … The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels … one of the greatest matches that I have ever personally witnessed in 35 years ... between two, future WWE HOF'ers for which I have huge respect ... a match that will live in many of our memories for years and years to come.

Can these two immortals create magic one more time? HBK made the challenge for WM26 and you KNOW The Undertaker isn't going to back down from a challenge from HBK or any other living being.

The WWE Tribute to the Troops broadcast is this Saturday night on NBC. I hope that you check it out as WWE does nothing all year that's as important as this. It's not about TV ratings but about supporting our fighting men and women who help keep our country free.

We are really staying busy shipping your orders from www.jrsbarbq.com and still providing FREE SHIPPING on many great, gift ideas. Check out our site and get your orders in today with our gratitude and best wishes. You still have time but don't delay.

I also want to thank so many of you for your warm wishes and get well sentiments ever since I've been ill. I'm getting better every day and look forward to the day that I return to the airwaves and can resume doing what I love. 2010 is going to be a banner year without question. Your many prayers have meant the world to my family and me.

Remember to check out WWEClassics.com as it is an awesome feature here on WWE.com and is something that I visit regularly and never leave disappointed.

Hopefully you are regularly watchers of the talented duo of Todd "I'm a Soccer God" Grisham and Matt "I love to please the Boss with my fabulously funny descriptors" Striker who, I feel, are doing a terrific job broadcasting Friday Night SmackDown on MyNetworkTV. I hope to watch these two young men call the action for years to come on Friday nights.

Be well and always count your blessings.

Boomer Sooner!
J.R.