PDA

View Full Version : Report: Tommy Dreamer Leaving WWE

John
12-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Source: PWinsider

The word going around WWE is that Tommy Dreamer will be departing the company. Dreamer had signed a new deal last summer, but the word going around the ECW/Smackdown tapings last night was that Dreamer had asked for his release.

Dreamer has been with WWE since 2001, working both as a performer and also holding other responsibilities in the company.

More shortly.

Relapse
12-21-2009, 08:28 PM
I can fully believe this. Its understandable. Ever since 2001 really the only thing he has done is win the ECW title for a short time. And a short Hardcore title run.

Kage
12-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Yea, he goes from winning the Ecw Championship to jobbing to Lance Hoyt... it's ridiculous. Maybe he'll get a part in the Foley/Abyss vs Raven/Stevie feud in TNA? :think:

Bubala
12-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Well I think he won't go to TNA. His body is probably so broken up(you shoulda SEEN some of the crazy shit he did in the original ECW.)Sometimes I can't believe he's still walking or not in a coma. It's his time to retire. He may not have had a gold laden career, but his career was fun. It was one of a kind. He certainly earned his status among the Hardcore Gods of wrestling. Although it will be sad to see the last ECW Original go.

Smartmark
12-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Hope he gets the opportunity to be a part of ECW as it closes. Maybe be the last ECW Champion or something

mikedudelang
12-21-2009, 11:59 PM
He's just getting off a sinking ship. The ECW show is going away...which is funny considering Vince killed ECW was years ago when he watered it down and made it a WWE minor league.

JohnCenaFan28
12-22-2009, 02:26 AM
According to numerous sources within World Wrestling Entertainment, Tommy Dreamer is parting ways with the company.

The word going around among talent at last night's SmackDown/ECW taping in Miami was that Dreamer had requested his release from the company.

"The ECW Original" has been with WWE since July 2001, working both as a wrestler and also holding other responsibilities within the company. He did work last night's ECW taping, facing Zack Ryder.

Source: PWI

JohnCenaFan28
12-22-2009, 02:29 AM
PWI is reporting that Tommy Dreamer has asked for his WWE release and the word backstage is that he will be leaving the company. Dreamer was at the Smackdown/ECW tapings in Orlando last night, and although his release from WWE has not been confirmed at this time, all indications are that he has asked for the release and is waiting for it to be granted by WWE.

Source: PWI

Tommy Dreamer is gone from World Wrestling Entertainment despite working last night's ECW taping from the Amway Arena in Orlando, Florida. Rumors that Dreamer had requested his release surfaced today when PWI heard he had been dropped and posted an unconfirmed report.

I checked on the story and am finally able to confirm Dreamer has indeed left WWE. My source was only able to tell me "he's gone" but we are gathering more details and will have them online later.

Source: WNW

JohnCenaFan28
12-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Justin Towler sent this along: Hey Ryan, I was just at an autograph signing with Tommy Dreamer and Mickie James and I got both of their autographs. I asked Tommy Dreamer about his Future and he said, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet!" I also told Mickie James that she is not fat and that she is beautiful and she said "I don't think so either, thank you sweetie!" I am only 17 years old and meeting Mickie James and then driving home was crazy...had a bad case of the shakes, lol. Thank you guys.

Source: PW

As noted earlier, numerous sources within World Wrestling Entertainment have confirmed that Tommy Dreamer is parting ways with the company. The word going around among talent at last night's SmackDown/ECW taping in Miami was that Dreamer had requested his release from the company. As noted earlier, "The ECW Original" has been with WWE since July 2001, working both as a wrestler and also holding other responsibilities within the company. He did work last night's ECW taping, facing Zack Ryder. I obviously can't confirm this just yet but it's very possible he'll wind up in TNA at some point. I reported several months ago that there was a reason that Dreamer wasn't appearing on ECW. He was said to have been very frustrated for quite some time now.

Source: PW

Kage
12-22-2009, 03:31 AM
Untill Wwe announces it I'm not gonna believe it.

DUKE NUKEM
12-22-2009, 07:27 AM
i miss the old ecw