PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson set to return to WWE?!

Relapse
01-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Slam! Wrestling has an interview up with Dwayne Johnson talking about The Tooth Fairy and a return to WWE. He mentions that he was supposed to host Raw this past Monday but couldn't because he was in Mexico promoting the movie. He goes on to say that he is working with Vince McMahon to come up with a plan, and adds that once he finishes filming his next flick Faster this summer he might go back.

The National Post also has an interview with Johnson where he mentions that he had never skated before doing The Tooth Fary and he had two weeks to learn. He also admits to not doing most of the skating in the movie and having a body double for the hockey scenes.

Big Evil
01-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Well hell this is good news! No, this is GREAT news! If there is truth to this, then finally the Rock can get his manhood back before Disney turns him into a full-on joke.

Coruptyed
01-17-2010, 05:41 AM
People need to stop posting the Rock news, hes coming, hes not coming, hes coming, he said f wrestling, Hes coming again ... seriously.

Slayer_X
01-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Can he even wrestle anymore ?

DUKE NUKEM
01-17-2010, 07:20 AM
^ thats i would like to see

Smartmark
01-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Well hell this is good news! No, this is GREAT news! If there is truth to this, then finally the Rock can get his manhood back before Disney turns him into a full-on joke.

So there was a time when he wasn't a joke? :eek:

Can he even wrestle anymore ?

There was a time when he could? :eek:

mikedudelang
01-17-2010, 03:32 PM
If he is coming back, it ain't gonna be for any length of time. It's not worth it for him financially to go back to wrestling.

Big Evil
01-17-2010, 03:57 PM
How much money does one man need, really? My motto is as long as the bills are paid, I don't care if I have any money left over. Just as long as I'm secure, I can be happy. The Rock doesn't need all that money to make a living.

Relapse
01-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Rock is in no money problems. He has plenty of money. He obviously isn't "coming back" for the money or anything. And by "coming back" I don't think he means as like a full time Wrestler or anything but maybe just a few appearances here and there or maybe a thing leading up to a PPV.

Big Evil
01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
I think anybody would have to be foolish to think that he would come back full time. I'd be surprised for part time. If the Rock does come back, it will only be appearances if only due to all his promotions outside of wrestling.

Bubala
01-17-2010, 07:50 PM
People need to stop posting the Rock news, hes coming, hes not coming, hes coming, he said f wrestling, Hes coming again ... seriously.

I agree with this sentiment. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Rock. But we need to face the reality that the Rock coming back is probably never going to happen. People don't embrace the future because they're holding onto a past that's not coming back. People can't accept guys who aren't Rock and Austin, and can't accept that they have to accept new people. I think even WWE themselves have made poor judgement in pushing new guys for this reason. They have to accept that new blood can be good, and NOT be their old standbys. Face it Rock is gone, Austin is gone...that is just life the way it is. If Rock even does host RAW that'd be lottery odds. I won't believe it till I see it.

Relapse
01-17-2010, 08:36 PM
I agree with this sentiment. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Rock. But we need to face the reality that the Rock coming back is probably never going to happen. People don't embrace the future because they're holding onto a past that's not coming back. People can't accept guys who aren't Rock and Austin, and can't accept that they have to accept new people. I think even WWE themselves have made poor judgement in pushing new guys for this reason. They have to accept that new blood can be good, and NOT be their old standbys. Face it Rock is gone, Austin is gone...that is just life the way it is. If Rock even does host RAW that'd be lottery odds. I won't believe it till I see it.

I disagree with both of you. He praises the WWE every chance he gets, never once has he ever bad mouthed it or anything. He has also said that he wants to give back to the WWE fans and that he feels in this time of his life would be a good chance to. I honestly believe Rock/Dwayne whatever you want to call him WILL indeed 'return' in some way in 2010. Whether that be a one last match type of thing, a part time wrestling leading up to a one last match or just a few appearances here and there. Either way, its better than nothing. I would rather see Rock do what Austin has done in the past few years rather than Austin.

aoessand
01-17-2010, 11:42 PM
man dwayne the dork i mean really the fuckin tooth fairy for fucks sake... his action acting time is over he is now a full blown sell out... i mean he had a chance with rundown/doom/walking tall but now this? oh ya and all he is gonna do is take away from the younger up and comers which wwe needs not to do

Bubala
01-18-2010, 12:07 AM
I disagree with both of you. He praises the WWE every chance he gets, never once has he ever bad mouthed it or anything. He has also said that he wants to give back to the WWE fans and that he feels in this time of his life would be a good chance to. I honestly believe Rock/Dwayne whatever you want to call him WILL indeed 'return' in some way in 2010. Whether that be a one last match type of thing, a part time wrestling leading up to a one last match or just a few appearances here and there. Either way, its better than nothing. I would rather see Rock do what Austin has done in the past few years rather than Austin.

I never said he badmouthed the E...I just said the chances of him coming back are slim to none. It's not cause he hates wrestling it's just that he's in another phase of his life now.

01-18-2010, 02:10 PM
noticed they are using "the rock" in the middle of his name again in promotion.........

Relapse
01-18-2010, 05:49 PM
noticed they are using "the rock" in the middle of his name again in promotion.........

Yeah I noticed that also. He started using The Rock again....Maybe he realized more people know him as The Rock and he could get more media attention lol