PDA

View Full Version : The Rock: "I'm not necessarily interested in working a match for WWE"

Shane McMahon's Ass
01-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson appeared on CBS's "The Late Show with David Letterman on Tuesday to promote the The Tooth Fairy. Letterman asked about Johnson's football career at the University of Miami, and eventually segued into professional wrestling. Johnson discussed the rush of performing in front of the live crowd and was asked whether he is planning to return to WWE.

"No, not necessarily for a match," Johnson said. "That provided me with a great platform, performing in front of people. So f I ever went back, it would be probably in the capacity of hosting and having fun on the show and entertaining and having a great time."

Letterman brought up The Wrestler, which Johnson praised. He said there wasn't a lot of financial planning going on in the past. He said he asked his father Rocky Johnson to train him to be a wrestler after college and his father refused. Johnson said they had a big fight and his father told him to look around their two bedroom apartment. He recalled his father saying he wrestled for 35 years and that was all he had. Dwayne said he told his father he felt he had something to offer and had to give it a shot.

PW.net