PDA

View Full Version : Update on WWE’s 2010 Hall of Fame Class, Possible Celebrity Members This Year

Konan
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Source: Wrestling Observer

- The 2010 WWE Hall of Fame class currently is made up of the late Stu Hart, Japan legend Antonio Inoki and Ted DiBiase Sr.

Celebrity names that have came up in discussions the past few months include Mike Tyson and Bob Uecker. Tyson has homes in Las Vegas and Phoenix, plus with the recent RAW guest host gig, he makes sense to be inducted this year.

Uecker has been asked about joining the Hall of Fame a few times in the past but has always turned down the invite as he’s been leery with media coverage of steroids in wrestling and his former sport, baseball.

No word yet on who the celebrity will be this year to get inducted.

WNZ

Smartmark
02-10-2010, 06:44 PM
So Mike Tyson is possibly getting inducted, but not Misawa, Benoit or Hansen who really deserves it? :eek:

I don't understand anything anymore...

Thanx for posting Konan!

Travicity
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Pretty good so far. Bob Uecker? Now do they deserve it? This isnt a real WRESTLING hall of fame.

FFDPKnucklehead
02-10-2010, 07:14 PM
So Mike Tyson is possibly getting inducted, but not Misawa, Benoit or Hansen who really deserves it? :eek:

I don't understand anything anymore...

Thanx for posting Konan!

SM, I hope you realize that Benoit will likely never get inducted because of the bad publicity it would bring to the WWE.

As for Misawa and Hansen, despite their stellar accomplishments, they weren't well known to American fans. Inoki is the Japanese equivalent of Hulk Hogan, only a Hell of a lot more talented and a lot less annoying. Even Japanese people who don't follow wrestling know who Inoki is.

I agree that all three all HOF worthy, but I don't see any of them making it any time soon, especially Benoit.

I actually don't have a problem with Tyson getting inducted. If William Perry can get inducted, then Tyson should get in.

Smartmark
02-10-2010, 07:27 PM
^^ I know that Benoit probably never will be inducted, and that's very sad :(

What about Chris Candido??

DUKE NUKEM
02-10-2010, 08:01 PM
thanks for the update Konan

mikedudelang
02-12-2010, 05:03 AM
Chris Candido? No way.

Chris Benoit? Still too soon but he totally deserves the induction.

Stan Hansen? Very deserving. And I don't agree that most American fans don't know him. I first became familiar w/ him through the AWA when he took the belt off of Rick Martel.

streetcleaner
02-12-2010, 06:25 PM
haha, I support mike tyson in the HOF

02-12-2010, 06:30 PM
ty

tapout
02-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Ohh man the "Lariat" was vicious. Never really saw him wrestle as a face. Either a heel or the Stone Cold type - take on anyone heel or face - but don't turn your back.

Smartmark
02-13-2010, 03:59 AM
I gotta buy the Stan Hansen DVD-Set with his matches in Japan. It's 8 Discs :D

JBL woldn't excist if it wasn't for Stan Hansen. That's why I enjoyed JBL when he wrestled, cause he reminded me of a second Stan Hansen.