PDA

View Full Version : DDP talks about Randy Orton's RKO

Konan
02-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Dallas Page appeared on the "Busted Open" radio show and recalled giving Randy Orton his blessing to use the Diamond Cutter finishing move, which became The RKO. "Randy and I are boys," Page said. "I called Randy up when I knew I was retiring from WWE. I loved his old man big time. His old man taught me a lot. I said, 'Bro, I want you to use this.' He was so respectful, he said, 'Diamond, I can't do that. You made that up.' I said, 'Dude, take it to another level.'

"I tell you what, if Randy wanted to hit that Diamond Cutter out of nowhere, he would. You know how fast he'd be a babyface? That fast. So he can't do it. People say, 'Oh, he doesn't do it like you.' No, he's doing his own thing. I'm flattered, honest to God, that he's going a version of what I've done. I think it's cool."

NODQ

02-17-2010, 02:29 PM
ty

FFDPKnucklehead
02-17-2010, 05:18 PM
So, DDP steals the move from Johnny Ace (the innovator of the move) when they were both with WCW at the time, and doesn't ask Ace for permission to use it. Then DDP goes to WWE and gives Randy Orton permission to use it? Now I remember why I never liked Page. He doesn't give a damn about anyone else. He just wants to make himself look like the good guy.

DUKE NUKEM
02-17-2010, 08:39 PM
thanks for the post konan

mikedudelang
02-18-2010, 03:29 AM
DDP is a douchebag. On his best day, he's half the draw Orton is.

Big Evil
02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
In the wrestling business there can only be so many good names or moves to use. Eventually, maybe inevitably, they will be taken by another wrestler. That's just the way things go. Nevertheless, DDP was known for his Diamond Cutter, perhaps more so than Johnny Ace was. So for DDP to pass the move onto a young Orton when Page was the one that made that move famous, I don't see a problem there. What I see is that Randy Orton was able to take a move, that by itself could be just a dud, and he turned it into one of the most infamous and devastating finishers in the game today. I wouldn't want to see it pulled off by anyone else now, because Orton's take on it is spectacular. Just the fact that so many kids try to mimic him and him only is testament enough to its popularity.

Smartmark
02-18-2010, 08:11 PM
^^ I agree with you 100%!

I hated Orton when he first signed with WWE. But he really is a rising star and a future legend!

streetcleaner
02-19-2010, 03:20 AM
he does it so much better than DDP ever did. Sometimes the RKO looks brutal to take

Kage
02-19-2010, 03:30 AM
DDP made the move famous, so it's his. He will be known for it, not Johnny Ace. Shawn Micheals isn't the first man to do the Superkick, but he'll be famous for it and pass it on someday. There's only so many finishing moves in the world.

Relapse
02-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Its not like Orton needed permission to use the move. Moves aren't copyrighted. RKO > Diamond Cutter.

Diamond Cutter was usually really slow. RKO on the other hand comes out of nowhere a lot of the time.