PDA

View Full Version : WWE Changes PPVs

FFDPKnucklehead
02-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Source: WWE.com

WWE.com has announced the following PPV name changes

April: Extreme Rules (formerly Baclash)
May: Wild Card (formerly Extreme Rules)
June: Fatal Four Way (formerly TBA. Most recently The Bash)
July: Money In The Bank (formerly TBA. Most recently Night Of Champions)

WTF? Is this really necessary? I mean, I know June and July's PPVs hadn't been announced, but did they need to move Extreme Rules up again? Or create a MITB PPV?

Bye-bye mainstream wrestling for me.....Fromnow on, I'm only watching indies like ROH, CHIKARA, DGUSA, CZW, EVOLVE, & PWG.

Smartmark
02-18-2010, 11:41 PM
^^ You said it!

WTF is this?!?!

If they where gonna change the names. Why the hell change them into stupid names that a 4 year old could have come up with?

Fatal 4-Way? WTF???

And renaming The Bash already??

Bye Bye Mainstream Wrestling!

FFDPKnucklehead
02-18-2010, 11:45 PM
And they still have to announce the new November PPV. They haven't officially announced that Backlash or The Bash are former PPVs yet, so maybe one of them will b moved to November, although I doubt it.

Slash
02-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Backlash was the perfect name for the event after Wrestlemania, as in, "let's see what the Backlash was from Wrestlemania!" just like No Way Out was the perfect name for an Elimination Chamber PPV, but no! WWE went & thought, "our fans are too dumb to grasp the concept of the phrase 'No Way Out' so let's rename it to what the matches are going to be!" Although saying that, if that was actually the case, every PPV would be called SH*TE!

Sorry about my ranting by the way!

Smartmark
02-19-2010, 02:12 AM
^^ I think most of us agree with you, so no worries

It's beyond stupid!

Konan
02-19-2010, 09:53 AM
The Bash" was just a lame name anyways. They should have just kept it Great American Bash.

Changing the first post Wrestlemania PPV from Backlash to "Extreme Rules" is silly, especially now that WWECW is no more.

hardcoregamer16
02-19-2010, 04:56 PM
I could not agree more and now that there PG Extreme Rulez is going to boring without blood. I have question whats wrong with TNA I watch it every week and its not everything I want in a wrestling company, but at least they are trying.

FFDPKnucklehead
02-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Source: PWPix.net

Survivor Series Still Planned For 2010, Another WWE PPV Replaced
Posted by Feras Ballout on 02/27/2010

WWE released their PPV schedule and marketing materials to their partners this week. Here's the PPV calendar from WrestleMania thru December. Of note is that the previously-posted "Wild Card" has been replaced by "Over the Limit". Also, Survivor Series is still on the calendar.

WrestleMania XXVI
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Glendale, AZ
University of Phoenix

Extreme Rules
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Baltimore, MD
1st Mariner Arena

Over The Limit
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Joe Louis Arena

Fatal Four Way
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Uniondale, NY
Nassau Coliseum

Money In The Bank
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Sprint Center

SummerSlam
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Staples Center

Night of Champions
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Allstate Arena

Hell in the Cell
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Dallas, TX
American Airlines Center

WWE Bragging Rights
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Target Center

Survivor Series
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Miami, FL
American Airlines Arena

WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Houston, TX
Toyota Center

Since Vince McMahon personally made the announcement about Survivor Series being done, I'm going to assume this was an old PPV schedule.....or Vince changed his mind and decided to keep the second-longest running PPV in pro wrestling.

And I'm glad "Wild Card" got changed. "Over The Limit" sounds more interesting, but we'll have to see what the premise of OTL is.