PDA

View Full Version : WWE's Latest Releases - Shane Helms (Hurricane), Paul Burchill, Maria

FFDPKnucklehead
02-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Source: WWE.com (I've combined the two seperate posts)

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstars Shane Helms (Hurricane) and Paul Burchill as of today, February 26, 2010. We wish Shane Helms (Hurricane) and Paul Burchill the best in all endeavors.

I'm not really surprised by either release. I'm more surprised that it took WWE so long to do it. Oh well. Two more ex-WWE wrestlers that could end up in TNA in 90 days, not that I'd complain about either going there.

Konan
02-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Now lol two more wwe stars set to return in tna after 90 days. Thanks for the update

Swinny
02-26-2010, 08:44 PM
From WWE.com

Maria released
Written: February 26, 2010

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE diva Maria as of today February 26, 2010. We wish Maria the best in all future endeavors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The other two released today weren't surprising, but I definitely did not see that coming.

Pumphrey94
02-26-2010, 08:44 PM
nooo that sucks so bad :(

Pumphrey94
02-26-2010, 08:45 PM
^ yep

FFDPKnucklehead
02-26-2010, 08:57 PM
What a lousy birthday present (she turned 28 yesterday). But like Swinny said, I didn't see this coming, especially with her being on the upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice. I figured WWE would have kept her around because of that.

Dilph
02-26-2010, 08:59 PM
What? That sux. I like her.

STEELCITYFAN
02-26-2010, 09:42 PM
WOW!!! I'm shocked. One of my favs.

John
02-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Maria Kanellis, who was released this afternoon by World Wrestling Entertainment, commented on her departure from the organization on her Twitter account. She wrote:

"Alright guys let's talk. I did not ask for my release. I was released. I am still going to kick ass in other areas!! I am excited about the future! But I am sad about never getting the Championship. I am sad about not getting the chance to go to Wrestlemania again. Passion is my Motivation! Time to Sing! Time to work for Charity! Time to Dance! Time to be Alive again! Much love to my FANS, my FAMILY, the DIVAS, and my FRIENDS! There is a bright new future when one door closes another opens! Bring on the Doors! Spanks and Kisses"

Xan20
02-26-2010, 10:16 PM
she may not be a decent wrestler, or ok at cutting promo's, but goddammit she was great eye-candy.

Xan20
02-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I can see Burchill joining the British Invasion

Swinny
02-26-2010, 10:21 PM
she may not be a decent wrestler, or ok at cutting promo's, but goddammit she was great eye-candy.

Yeah... and Maria was one of the divas who couldn't wrestle, but was still very likable and it was hard to dislike her, just for lack of wrestling ability.

Big Evil
02-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Damn Maria was one of my favorites... guess I'll have to devote all of my focus onto Mickie again... oh well maybe she will be back one of these days.

Big Evil
02-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Paul wasn't a guy I sorely will miss from the WWE, but Helms was a guy I thought they would overlook the recent run-in with the law as I thought he was an entertaining guy to have on the show. Oh well, I guarantee we will see at least one of them in TNA soon enough.

gguru
02-26-2010, 11:45 PM
I can't believe they cut her...especially with the free publicity from the Apprentice coming up. A damn shame.

Travicity
02-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Lol Burchill's got amazing talent so happy he's out of there baby yea and it's all good Maria's gone as well she dosent have any talent and is just eye candy let's be honest it's about the talent and with the pg barier than cant do anything sexual with her and Shane i dont really care about but I bet you it's cause of the arrest and I bet there's a chance Moore/Shane/jeff to tna. But Hurricane is fired. jericho a world champ.

hitman12596
02-27-2010, 03:08 AM
they all sucked

Kage
02-27-2010, 04:11 AM
^^Blasphemy.

Burchill was great and extremely underrated. Helms was great as both babyface Hurricane and heel Gregory Helms. Maria, eh i dont really care.

Kenpachi Zaraki
02-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Helms was crap should have gone ages ago. Maria nobody cares.

Do I see 3 Count coming to TNA that would be something :lmao:

Shane McMahon's Ass
02-27-2010, 05:25 AM
As noted earlier, WWE announced the releases today of Maria, Hurricane Helms and Paul Burchill.

You can add referee Scott Armstrong, son of legend Bob Armstrong, to that list as his release is also confirmed. A number of people in WWE are bummed about Armstrong being let go from the company because he was well liked by the wrestlers.

NoDQ

Shane McMahon's Ass
02-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Pro wrestling made TMZ twice today, with both the Kong/Bubba story and the WWE releases appearing on the gossip site.

The site is leading the story on releases with a picture of Gregory Helms, and makes reference to his recent arrest possibly (and likely) leading to his WWE firing. I wonder if Chris Jericho will claim TNA is lying again with the Helms release?

WI

Shane McMahon's Ass
02-27-2010, 05:37 AM
-- The firing of Scott Armstrong comes as a big surprise to many as WWE is in need of referees and they aren't highly paid. As noted earlier, Armstrong was very well liked among his peers and many were surprised to see him go.

-- As noted earlier, Maria's WWE firing is somewhat surprising as well as she was awarded the Diva of the Year Slammy last year and is set to be on NBC's Celebrity Apprentice this season. She will represent WWE during the show. She has been vocal in interviews recently about wanting to phase down her involvement in wrestling, so the release may have had something to do with that. She seemed fairly shocked earlier with her Twitter messages. She said she was not told in advance and was notified today that she had been fired. As noted, she celebrated her 28th birthday yesterday.

-- Shane Helms' release should come as no surprise obviously. That had been brewing for quite some time now for obvious reasons. It's interesting to note that Matt Hardy is all that's left of their 'clique' (Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Shannon Moore, & Shane Helms). With Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore in TNA it wouldn't surprise me to see Helms wind up there shortly once his 90 day no-compete clause is up. So Helms gets fired and Jericho gets the World title. That's a double-standard if I ever saw one.

-- We don't have much to report on the WWE firing on Paul Burchill other than it appears to be a case of 'creative has nothing for him'. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Katie Lea.

-- All fired WWE talent were notified via phone today by Senior Vice President of Talent Relations, John Laurinaitis. All were told there was a possibly of a return down the line which is the standard message Laurinaitis gives to all released WWE talent.

WI

CarnivoreJ
02-27-2010, 06:38 AM
It's not really a double standard Jericho wasn't caught with anything and Helms was caught with some drugs that may not have been prescription.

Either way thanks for the news.

Konan
02-27-2010, 06:44 AM
wwe losing their mind(again).Indeed Ross..why release a ref??

Konan
02-27-2010, 06:50 AM
wow thanks for the update

DUKE NUKEM
02-27-2010, 07:17 AM
thanks for the post krist

FFDPKnucklehead
02-27-2010, 04:36 PM
:ffs:

You know what really sucks? With Maria's release yesterday, Michelle McCool is the only Diva left in the WWE from the 2004 Diva Search.

aoessand
02-28-2010, 03:20 AM
non of them where really stars except maria but im sure tna will gobble the jobbers up real quick they like wwe rejects

03-01-2010, 07:39 PM
ty