PDA

View Full Version : Jim ross weighs in on maria's release, his excitement for this monday's raw

John
02-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Jim Ross posted his latest blog on his JRsbarbq.com website. Here are some highlights.

About Monday's Raw:

Big day in Oklahoma City Monday with Raw in town. Looks like the event will be a complete sellout at the beautiful Ford Center with only a handful of tickets still remaining. Love the fact that tickets are priced starting at $15 which is a great value.

About feeding WWE Superstars on Monday:

JR's Family BBQ is providing the catering for the WWE talents and crew on Monday at the Ford Center which is always a hoot. I love watching folks enjoy our great "Q" especially for the ones who don't live in areas where big time BBQ is plentiful.

Several of the wrestlers are regular customers of our products and order on line just as many of you do.

About calling an all time classic match:

An emailer inquired what it was like to broadcast the 1989 famous, "I Quit" match between Ric Flair and Terry Funk with Gordon Solie. First of all, look at all the greats involved in that presentation. Flair, Funk AND Gary Hart along with Solie, the best wrestling broadcaster of all time. It was cool as hell I can tell you broadcasting with my wrestling announcing role model. Gordon had become somewhat irrelevant to the main stream wrestling world when I was able to help facilitate his return to TBS and suggested that we work together as a team on that event. We did other TBS shows as well but the event from Troy, New York was special. Naitch and Terry had a classic, physical battle while Gary Hart was amazing at what he did and, almost as important, what he didn't do at ringside. Less is often more in this business for the record. Gordon loved to be engaged with the product again and seemed to embrace his role as I was able to do the so called heavy lifting of providing the play by play and Gordon was able to come in and hit us with memorable sound bytes with his unique and cerebral insight to the business. Hopefully, some day, Gary Hart will be in the WWE HOF, too, and I still encourage any fan to read Gary's book which is simply a classic. Honest, real, up front, and historic in context for any true fan of the business.

He also commented on Maria being released, saying:

I'm surprised and sad to see her go without having the opportunity to say good bye. She's a wonderful, young woman who will undoubtedly land on her feet. She was fun to be around.

DUKE NUKEM
03-01-2010, 07:08 AM
thanks for the post John

03-01-2010, 02:00 PM
ty