PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk says he hates The Beatles

Konan
03-29-2010, 04:56 AM
With legendary Beatles member Paul McCartney playing Glendale, Arizona later tonight, AZCentral.com has an article featuring various WWE Superstars talking about their favorite songs by the iconic band.

"Hey Jude" was the most popular selection from the songbook, receiving mentions from Kelly Kelly, Sheamus and Dolph Ziggler. Shawn Michaels and Kofi Kingston both identified "Let it Be," with a number of other classic Beatles songs all receiving one mention. CM Punk, meanwhile, said he hates the Beatles.

deadmanwalkin
03-29-2010, 05:24 AM
im with cm punk on that

TJChurch
03-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Me, too; Many places online you will see me identified as a "Monkeemaniac", too, despite the fact I wasn't even alive until the '80s.

My Freshman Year, every band at our "Band Camp" (ours included) played 2-song Beatles medley, & ours included "Hey Jude". I can now never listen to that song.

tommy
03-29-2010, 06:30 AM
I love CM Punk, but he's dead wrong here. Beatles are amazing.

TJChurch
03-29-2010, 06:41 AM
I love CM Punk, but he's dead wrong here. Beatles are amazing.

As I sit here right now, I own a few Beatles CDs, & 1 of those (diff.-colored) multi-CD collections they came out with a while ago. Also, being a Monkee-maniac, I spent several years of my life thinking it was impossible to also be a Beatles fan.

That said, I maintain to this second that the most-talented Beatles are still alive.

DUKE NUKEM
03-29-2010, 06:47 AM
thanks for the post Konan

streetcleaner
03-29-2010, 07:36 AM
i do not care for the beatles either

Swinny
03-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I've never been a big Beatles fan either. Some of their stuff is okay, but I definitely don't see them as one of the best bands of all-time.

Black Widow
03-29-2010, 10:47 AM
beatles are overrated

Oraxis
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM
CM Punk hates anything good (see booze and women), so im not suprised he hates the Beatles

gguru
03-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Punk may not like rock music at all, after all, it was The Beatles who single-handedly changed the scope of "Rock n Roll" to that of rock. If you think about the time period, they were revolutionary. Sgt. Pepper's was so unique and profound that the Rolling Stones heard it at a release party and were ready to quit music all together, because The Beatles had now done everything that could be done with music and sound...there was no use even trying anymore. Can you imagine how powerful that was?
I for one, love The Beatles and also always liked The Monkees, after all they were nothing more than a parody of The Beatles.

To each his own, I guess.

Bubala
03-30-2010, 05:40 AM
I have a feeling Punk is saying this as his character. Not many of you know this but drugs were BIG in The Beatles' day. Flower power, LSD, Hippie type stuff ya know. That's when it was cool to be smokin something, in fact you were out if you didn't.