PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania XXVI and Destination X by the numbers.

LionDen
03-29-2010, 08:03 AM
I found this interesting so I thought I would share it.

By Richard Trionfo
PWInsider.com

I was going to do a special By the Numbers column for Wrestlemania. Since the concept of By the Numbers is to compare the amount of wrestling in the different companies, as I was preparing the information for Wrestlemania, I figured that it would maintain the spirit of the concept by comparing the amount of wrestling on Wrestlemania to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling’s pay per view this month, Destination X.

One thing to consider is that Wrestlemania is a four hour pay per view while every other pay per view from WWE and TNA is only three hours long so this month will likely feature a very skewed comparison of the total wrestling on the shows, so the average per hour and per match will be a better barometer. Wrestlemania had twenty one more minutes of wrestling, but had an extra hour of broadcast time. As a result, the per hour totals were better for TNA. However, the average match length gave the advantage to Wrestlemania.

All times are rounded to the closest minute (examples: a 4:23 match will be listed as 4 minutes while a 4:32 match will be listed as 5 minutes and anything under a minute is rounded up to a minute)

Total Wrestling Time:
WWE: 113 Minutes in 10 Matches
TNA: 92 Minutes in 9 Matches

WWE Wrestlemania

Big Show and Miz versus John Morrison and R Truth: 3 Minutes
Randy Orton versus Cody Rhodes versus Ted DiBiase: 9 Minutes
Money in the Bank Ladder Match featuring Kane, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, Matt Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, Christian, Evan Bourne, Montel Vontavious Porter, Drew McIntyre, and Dolph Ziggler: 14 Minutes
Triple H versus Sheamus: 12 Minutes
CM Punk versus Rey Mysterio: 7 Minutes
Bret Hart versus Vince McMahon: 11 Minutes
Edge versus Chris Jericho: 16 Minutes
Kelly Kelly, Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Eve Torres, and Gail Kim versus Vickie Guerrero, Michelle McCool, Layla, Alicia Fox, and Maryse: 3 Minutes
John Cena versus Batista: 14 Minutes
Undertaker versus Shawn Michaels: 24 Minutes

TNA Destination X

Amazing Red versus Daniels versus Brian Kendrick versus Frankie Kazarian: 14 Minutes
Tara versus Daffney: 7 Minutes
Magnus versus Rob Terry: 1 Minute
Motor City Machine Guns versus Generation Me: 12 Minutes
Kevin Nash and Eric Young versus Scott Hall and Sean Waltman: 8 Minutes
Shannon Moore versus Doug Williams: 6 Minutes
Matt Morgan and Hernandez versus Beer Money: 11 Minutes
Kurt Angle versus Ken Anderson: 18 Minutes
A.J. Styles versus Abyss: 15 Minutes

Wrestling Per Hour
WWE: 28.25 Minutes
TNA: 30.67 Minutes

Average Length of Matches:
WWE: 11.3 Minutes
TNA: 10.22 Minutes

Three Longest Matches:
Undertaker versus Shawn Michaels: 24 Minutes (Wrestlemania)
Kurt Angle versus Ken Anderson: 18 Minutes (Destination X)
Edge versus Chris Jericho: 16 Minutes (Wrestlemania)

Three Shortest Matches:
Big Show and Miz versus John Morrison and R Truth: 3 Minutes (Wrestlemania)
Kelly Kelly, Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Eve Torres, and Gail Kim versus Vickie Guerrero, Michelle McCool, Layla, Alicia Fox, and Maryse: 3 Minutes (Wrestlemania)
Magnus versus Rob Terry: 1 Minute (Destination X)